- GBP70000 - GBP80000 per annum + Excellent Package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
Perm Ops Engineer/ Java/ Linux/ Python/ Ex. Salary -C.London
Perm Operations engineer/ Java/ Linux/ Python/ Excellent Salary - Central London
A global e-commerce firm is looking for an individual to fill the role of an Operations Engineer, to take responsibility for the upkeep, configuration and consistent operation of the company's production, testing and staging, while working closely with other teams where necessary.
This great opportunity offers a challenge for the successful candidate who possesses the following:
- Experience installing, configuring, testing and maintaining OS, application software and system management tools for a variety of environments.
- Skills to efficiently and accurately diagnose issues with environments, including security threats.
- Experience assisting in the completion of tests and liaising with customers and associated project management/ planning.
- Capability to deploy and operate internal testing environments.
- Monitor and test application performance for bottlenecks, find solutions to them and work to implement the solutions.
- An SME level of knowledge regarding computer science.
- Commercial experience working in enterprise software firms, agile environments and across entire platform implementation.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments
- Experience administrating and tuning of Java application stacks.
- Well-rounded cloud experience, ideally in Azure
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Automation software (Ansible)
- Central logging systems
- Exceptional scripting skills in Shell and Python.
- Exceptional networking knowledge
- Exceptional understanding and experience of security engineering
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.