Personal Tax Manager, 7 Partner firm (Central London)
Personal Tax Manager job with a 7 Partner firm in Central London. Advisory focused
A fantastic 7 Partner firm based in a historic area of Central London are recruiting for a Personal Tax Manager to join their firm in an advisory position. The role has been created through natural expansion and through internal promotions and an expanding client base. This role is largely advisory focused, but you will be reviewing the returns and work of the Seniors and Juniors within the tax team.
The client base consists of OMBs, the retail and hospitality sector so any experience within these sectors is desirable. They are looking for a Tax Manager who has a broad understanding on general practice clients, and who is comfortable in managing a team. This is the perfect opportunity for an Assistant Manager looking for a step up, or for an existing Tax Manager who is looking for longer-term career progression. The Role
- Preparing tax returns for review by the Partner and reviewing returns from more junior members of staff
- Assist with the training and supervision of more junior staff and assist with their portfolio
- Managing your own portfolio and being involved with tax planning
- Exposure to income tax, capital allowances, employment taxes, capital gains tax and benefits and OMBs
- You must ACA/ATT/CTA qualified, with a minimum of 5 years in a practice tax role
- You have experience of liaising directly with HMRC regarding tax matters
- You have managed junior members of staff, reviewed their work and trained them
- Be commercially aware and have experience of business development
- You will need to be comfortable with liaising with other departments and teams within the firm
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.
Download CV template