As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- This role will work in the Platform Services Integration Engineering team developing secure services and platforms for consumption by JPMC internal teams.
- The role will require a broad working knowledge of infrastructure, security and technical implementation and code development.
- The skills spelled out below are general skills / background required
- We are looking for individuals who love to write quality code
- The successful candidate must be an experienced technologist with a natural curiosity for new processes and technology and enthusiasm for delivering new services. This must be balanced with a realistic understanding of the requirements of managing sensitive data within a highly regulated and complex environment.
- As part of the team they must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to focus and deliver to tight deadlines and manage multiple areas of work simultaneously.
- A key skill for this role will be working with differing groups to drive conversations constructively, establish requirements and the basis for these requirements then work to product solutions and architectures which meet the agreed requirements.
- Experience of delivering architectures for platforms and architectural standards is a key requirement. Cloud platforms are, by their nature, open to experimentation and the flexibility to propose architectural ideas and models test on the target environment and refine the architecture based on results and observations will be a key skill.
- The successful candidate will have a good understanding of technical architecture and enterprise architecture. Understanding of ITIL and TOGAF / Zachman frameworks are advantageous. Equally experience of Agile and Continuous Delivery / Integration are also highly desirable.
Development / Essential Skills
- Solid Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of Linux and/or UNIX like operating systems.
- Strong Go experience or expert experience in other programming languages, i.e., C, C++, Python, Java, etc.
- Large scale infrastructure architecture/develpment
- Experience with automation tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc. are all useful skills.
- Experience with PAAS platforms, e.g., CloudFoundry & container based platforms, e.g., Kubernetes,.
- Ability to design and build complex systems from scratch
- Integration – OAuth 2, OpenID Connect, Kerberos, security, etc.
- Modern SDLC (TDD, BDD, CI/CD, Automation)
- Understanding of Agile and Lean thinking/DevOps
- Experience of working in globally distributed international team for a major enterprise is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills - the ability to communicate at a level commensurate with the audience at hand, be they expert or non-expert.
- Ability to write technical and API documentation and project reports tailored to a range of different audiences.
- Comfortable working in high pressure situations and understand how to ask for help and manage conflicting priorities.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.