Portfolio/PMO Manager is a highly responsible and pivotal role to ensure the successful delivery of a major Programme through providing effective PMO Analyst services.
A large ethical vehicle lending Financial Services company based in London.
Portfolio/PMO Manager position is a great opportunity for the right person to be part of an IT team that is at the forefront of driving IT implementations across a range of technologies.
Reporting into the IT Portfolio Manager, this is a highly responsible and pivotal role to ensure the successful delivery of the IT Portfolio through providing effective Programme /Project leadership.
Working closely with the team you will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring accurate, appropriate and timely updates are available and in line with the agreed governance schedule
- Ensuring that the appropriate controls are in place and taking ownership for escalating variances to both the IT Portfolio Manager and Project Management Practice Manager as required
- Proactively guiding Project Managers and Programme Managers in the identification of items for escalation through the governance channels
- Facilitating RAID management across programmes and wider portfolio ensuring processes are followed to ensure effective management
- Providing quality assurance, including the audit of portfolio documents in line with defined Portfolio Management Office processes and best practices, ensuring consistent quality across all portfolio documentation including Business Systems Board and Portfolio Management Committee updates
- Providing financial monitoring and control including analysis and reporting, monitoring budgets to ensure appropriate governance and controls are in place
- Proactively leading on Business Case tracking, traceability and benefits realisation activities. Using your analysis and insight, you will present your work to stakeholders as required.
- Provide Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management; and Change Management to ensure effective delivery
- Oversight of contracts pertaining to the programmes where relevant
- Keeping up to date on industry best practice, using your innovative approach and progressive thinking to support the IT Portfolio Manager in defining new processes and standards
- You have experience of working with traditional IT Teams as well as Product Teams
- You have knowledge and experience of what makes a Portfolio Management Office successful
- You possess strong business acumen and a high level of financial management together with experience of providing key management information to support the business
- You have credibility at all levels, with the confidence to engage and interact with a variety of stakeholders
- You love working with a variety of teams and stakeholders to develop a detailed understanding of requirements ensuring that you have the relevant context to deliver your responsibilities
- You enjoy developing and implementing new processes and procedures that add value and deliver efficiencies
- You enjoy being one step ahead by anticipating stakeholders needs and identifying and forecasting issues and slippages to ensure accurate planning and resolution
- You have excellent problem-solving and communication skills; communicating effectively with teams, senior managers and stakeholders
- You have the ability to identify problem areas, independently drive creative solutions and influence stakeholders to implement effect change
- You are a critical thinker, highly engaged and proactive
- You enjoy working in a multi-faceted role and can adapt to evolving pace
- You are highly organised with the ability to manage multiple workstreams in parallel where there are tight delivery milestones
- You demonstrate attention to detail and precision in everything you do
- You are passionate and see the value in governance, ensuring that processes are proportionate and fit for purpose.
- You enjoy challenging the status quo when you have identified efficiency opportunities
- You enjoy managing a varied workload, setting clear priorities and delivering with autonomy
Portfolio/PMO Manager experience
- A solid understanding of Portfolio Management Programme / Project deliveries
- Experience working in a multi-layered Portfolio environment (Programme, Project & Product)
- Strong analytical skills including experience of turning data into insights
- Experience of projects using AGILE or PRINCE2 methodology (or equivalent) for medium to large sized projects
- An understanding of programmes within a large and complex IT environment
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations
- Experience of facilitating large workshops / meetings
- Experience of presenting to senior stakeholders
- Experience working in a matrix management environment
- Experience of Reviewing and improving PMO best practices
- Experience of senior stakeholder management
- A recognised PMO and/or Project Management qualification ideally
- Experience/awareness of the latest trends in the automotive industry
Up to £70K a year