Portfolio Analytics Group - Lead Relationship Manager - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
The Portfolio Analytics Group (PAG) within BlackRock Solutions creates and delivers analytical capabilities to help the firm and our clients understand and manage their investments and risk. The team aims to improve investment processes and expedite commercial opportunities through innovative solutions grounded in our expertise of analytics, Aladdin (the firm’s proprietary platform), and technology.
The ETF & Index Analytics team within PAG focuses on delivering scalable solutions and analytic insights aimed to facilitate the rapid growth of BlackRock’s $3.4 trillion ETF & index business. Drawing upon a deep understanding of Aladdin, financial instruments, and the ETF industry, the team provides analytic-driven insights across BlackRock’s capital markets, sales, portfolio consulting, and investment teams. We are seeking a new internal relationship manager and applied analytics expert to lead our team in London. The ideal candidate will leverage their experience, market knowledge, and internal network to proactively identify, and execute on, opportunities that improve investment workflows, advance commercial opportunities for BlackRock’s ETF & Index Investments business, as well as the overall Aladdin platform.
- Develop strategic relationships across investments, capital markets, RQA, portfolio consulting, and sales teams to identify potential commercial opportunities and improvements to Aladdin’s investment platform
- Collaborate with PAG’s global leadership team to define the structure and strategic vision for the ETF & Index Analytics team in London
- Provide clear specifications and prototypes to developers and financial modelers in efforts to improve equity, fixed income, and ETF analytics and workflows
- Apply knowledge of portfolio styles, market events, and market trends to anticipate client needs and deliver proactive solutions and analyses
- Partner with cross-functional teams to seek and incorporate feedback in designing solutions to complex business problems
- Act as a resource for client, investment, operation and technology teams to better leverage Aladdin’s analytic capabilities through clear and thoughtful communication
- 5+ years relevant experience in the investment industry with a deep understanding of index investing, ETFs, and index construction methodologies
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive to build strong internal networks and relationships
- Experience as a people manager and in leading high performing teams
- Passion for markets and using technology to solve investment-related problems
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to lead multiple projects
- Familiarity with buy-side investment and risk management workflows
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical personnel
- Preferred Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative discipline; CFA and/or CFP are a plus
- Acquired technical aptitude includes experience in Linux, SQL, and scripting platforms (Python, R)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.