We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is looking to recruit an ABS/MBS Portfolio Manager based in London to augment the existing portfolio management effort. The team covers all structured products for Europe, and focuses on fundamental and relative value across capital structures and asset classes with a focus on performing, non/re-performing loans in residential, commercial and consumer credit asset classes.
1. Assist in the overall management of PIMCO's European structured credit exposure and generate ideas for relative value trades across PIMCO's portfolios.
2. Analysis and trading of primary and secondary ABS/ MBS deals.
3. Assist in analysis, bidding, capital structure and documentation for loan portfolios.
4. Interact with the sell side banks and communicate market information/ colour/ trends within the desk and to other PMs/ committees internally.
5. Work with analytics team members and valuation/pricing committees for surveillance and modelling of existing and new risks. Position Requirements:
1. 3 years + experience on the sell-side (or top buy-side firm) in structuring/ trading role
2. Strong quant/ analytical/ structuring skills. Familiarity with empirical modelling including loan level prepayment, default, and loss severity analysis
3. Quantitative mind-set with ability to find structural protections/ nuances in deals
4. Familiarity and expertise in reading offering memorandums, structuring documents, sale agreements and financing term sheets.
5. Familiarity with coding and implementing models/ frameworks. Programming skills in Python, VBA and SQL.
6. Demonstrated ability to generate ideas and strategies that enhance portfolio returns and mitigate risk
7. Bachelor/ Master's degree required from top school (advanced degree preferred) in technical field: statistics, econometrics or science/ engineering
8. Ability to work across the organization with portfolio managers, account managers, product managers and others in a collaborative manner.
9. Strong communications skills, internally and externally Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office