Stanhope Capital is one of Europe’s leading alternatives to traditional private banks and wealth management firms. Founded in 2004, the group offers a full range of services – wealth management, consulting, merchant banking and private investments – in an environment where the interests of partners and employees are aligned with clients. Our mission is to combine significant investment expertise with the independence, transparency and high service standards expected by ultra-high net worth clients. Stanhope Capital currently supervises over USD 12 billion of client assets, primarily held through third party funds, with over 90 employees in London, Geneva and Paris.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager to join the wealth management division, supporting UK and international clients. The role spans a wide range of responsibilities including managing client relationships, portfolio implementation and assisting with business development.
The successful candidate will enjoy working in a team and be able to build a strong rapport with clients and colleagues. You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the wealth management sector.
What you’ll be doing:
Includes but is not limited to:
- Managing complex portfolio structures, potentially across multiple jurisdictions, utilising both liquid and illiquid investment strategies • Working with clients and their advisers to ensure a high level of service
- Preparing presentations, proposals and analytical information to an excellent standard
- Marketing the firm and preparing proposal documents for potential clients
- Executing transactions and liaising with third party custodians
- Keeping up to date with economic and market data
- Supporting and mentoring junior portfolio managers within the team
What you’ll need:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of building rapport and interacting with clients effectively
- An interest in performing a critical role while learning in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- A track record of building strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Strong numerical ability and high attention to detail
- Knowledge of both public market and private market investments helpful
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Bloomberg and Morningstar also useful)
- Client Dealing Function under the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (“SMCR”)
Stanhope Capital LLP positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.