As a Barclays Portfolio Manager - Change, you will join us to provide support to the Head Strategy, Portfolio and Performance, Head of PA&C and the PA&C Leadership Team (LT) in the execution of the delivery portfolio and key strategic priorities, fostering key relationships to drive delivery and support issue resolution. Thanks to your experience and expertise, you will be playing a pivotal role in PA&C where you will be accountable for core demand management activity.
What will you be doing?
- Managing portfolio reporting including outcomes, benefits, cost, resources, status and timelines
- Tracking portfolio programme/ project risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, approvals and change control through relevant stage gate processes
- Managing the weekly reporting process, working with Agile Delivery Managers/ Product Managers/ Sub Service Leads on the submission of reports
- Managing regular Delivery Assurance forums
- Managing the capacity for PA&C, working with Leadership Team and Delivery Leads to get single view of where there are ‘pinch points’ across resources
- Developing, managing and owning the overall Portfolio Plan for PA&C working with key stakeholders to monitor and report on progress against schedule
- Supporting relevant stakeholders to embed and enforce best practice delivery processes
- Assisting the Business Manager with financial management activities including understanding variances and providing commentary
What we’re looking for:
- Change experience operating at Project, Programme and Portfolio levels
- Good working knowledge of MS Office including substantial knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and Project skills
- Awareness and a working knowledge of Barclays Change Framework
- Proactive approach and the ability to take the initiative and ownership of tasks and projects, seeing them through to completion
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Project Management Qualification
- Relevant experience in HR with good exposure to HR service delivery
- Knowledge of Agile Delivery Principles and how it can be integrated into more traditional Waterfall programme management
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.
Northampton is the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.