Portfolio Manager - Asset Based & Cashflow Lending
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 31 Jul 18 2018-07-31
Investec is a distinctive Specialist Bank and Asset Manager serving clients principally in the UK, Australia and South Africa. Our culture is our competitive edge: we work hard to find colleagues who’ll challenge ordinary thinking, and put them in environments where they’ll flourish. We combine a flat structure with a focus on internal mobility. If you can bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and collaborate to your work, we see you – and this could be the boost your career deserves.
Opportunity to join a diverse, dynamic and successful team, as we continue to grow our client and loan portfolio.
Investec Asset Based & Cashflow Lending (“ABL”) focuses on supporting great shareholder/management teams and compelling businesses and looks to provide bespoke debt structures to support the medium term business plans in order to achieve wealth creation and wealth realisation
What you’ll do:
- Primary responsibility for a portfolio of clients, balancing client service, retention, income and risk.
- Identify client business trends and risk indicators, managing exposure and to identify re capitalisation, growth and acquisition support opportunities.
- Continually ensure operational and relationship excellence is maintained in all that you do.
- Carry out portfolio risk reviews.
- Work with originators as part of deal team, debt structuring, credit process and legal completion
- As part of the deal team, continue to contribute to the ongoing client relationships.
- Contribute to the development of the Asset Based & Cashflow Lending business.
We seek intelligent, independent-thinking candidates who will display some or all of the following qualities:
- Advanced deal structuring skills to include understanding of working capital requirements and debt structures required to meet business plan requirements
- Understanding of Risk parameters and exit risk strategies
- Asset based lending revolver knowledge in order to provide for working capital, seasonality and growth
- Excellent Analytical Skills- ability to review and analyse business proposals, financing requirements, balance sheets and cash flow understanding
- Motivated self-starter, you are able to pivot between strategies and hands on detail
- Highly collaborative, you excel in a team environment.
- High level of EQ and curiosity for people and business.
- A creative and positive mind-set, with the ability to influence a wide stakeholder group.
Research shows that some candidates – particularly female candidates – can be reluctant to apply to a role unless they meet all the criteria. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial spirit here and welcome you to do the same – if the role excites you, please don’t let our person specification hold you back. Get in touch!