A leading impact business with a strong infrastructure lending focus urgently requires a mid-level credit / project finance professional to join their Portfolio Management Team and take responsibility for several international assets in the portfolio.
Our client is a highly regarded and international impact group providing local currently investment for infrastructure development projects in developing countries. Part of a wider multinational group, having been established for a number of years with a very strong and international team of professionals, they have built a large and impressive portfolio and are continuing to rapidly lend across all infrastructure asset classes.
As the business continues to deploy capital, the Portfolio Management team urgently need to hire a mid-level professional in London to take responsibility for several of their assets across multiple geographical locations. This is an excellent opportunity for an infrastructure portfolio management or credit professional to join an entrepreneurial and growing business where you will be having a positive impact on emerging countries.
The Portfolio Manager will;
- Report directly to the Head of Portfolio Management and be part of a team responsible for preserving the group's capital and creating an excellent portfolio management function.
- Take PM responsibility for several of the group's assets on an international basis, developing and demonstrating a strong understanding of the assets and their impact on the overall portfolio.
- Lead on the restructuring and refinancing of assets as and when needed.
- Regularly monitor the performance of the portfolio as well as understand, analyse and put measures in place to manage future risks to the portfolio.
- Regularly create reports and provide updates and presentations to the Senior Management and Portfolio Committee whilst recommending and implementing changes where necessary.
- Regularly interact, liaise and interact with senior management of portfolio companies.
- Provide training to junior members of the team as and when necessary.
Interested candidates must;
- Be currently sitting in either a portfolio management, credit or risk analytical position within an infrastructure debt fund or project finance bank.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the infrastructure market and proven portfolio management or project finance/credit deal experience.
- Have a strong understanding of lending and fixed income products.
- Possess strong technical abilities including the ability to analyse and manage risk, solid financial and accounting skills and legal documentation.
- Hold a finance, business, mathematics or related degree from a highly regarded university.
- Be highly motivated to join an impact business as well as be a team player whilst working independently.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and liaise with all levels of management.
If you feel you meet the requirements, you are respectfully requested to submit your CV in Microsoft Word format.
Cobalt are specialists in the infrastructure market.