Portfolio Manager - UK Regional
Role: Portfolio Manager, Wealth Management Division of Schroders.
Location: Various locations, we have a number of offices within the UK.
Cazenove Capital Management ('Cazenove Capital') is part of the Wealth Management division of Schroders and offers specialist financial solutions to high net worth individuals, family offices, charities and their advisers, utilising both Schroders and Cazenove Capital's investment expertise and external providers and resources.
We focus on growing and preserving wealth, using the knowledge of our economics and investment strategy teams, and using both proprietary Schroders investment products and external funds in structuring our clients' portfolios. This enables us to provide a highly personal wealth management service to wealthy individuals, families and their advisers.
We provide a full range of products including deposit-taking, cash management, custody and execution services, discretionary asset management, financial planning and specialised lending.
Overview of role
To fulfil the role and duties of a Portfolio Manager including:
• Managing, either directly or in conjunction with the Director/Departmental Director and Portfolio Director, client relationships and individual wealth clients portfolios in line with appropriate and agreed Strategic Asset Allocation, benchmarks and restrictions;
• Understanding fully each client's inter-family relationships, individual circumstances, risk profile, investment objectives, specific restrictions and resulting mandates;
• Within each asset class, carrying out any changes to underlying securities and/or funds in line with appropriate models and funds buy-list;
• Reporting to the clients in a timely and professional manner;
• Actively marketing to profitable new client relationships both internally and externally;
• Meeting with clients regularly and ensuring any action agreed is minuted and implemented;
•To manage and train assistant managers or associate managers on the team where applicable and ensure they attend client meetings;
•To have primary responsibility for new client set-up, sign off and maintenance in a timely fashion (Inc. KYC, ML/DD suitability and restrictions);
• Assisting senior Portfolio Directors fulfil the same role with respect to their clients. To include:
• helping prepare for client meetings;
• follow-up actions including recording suitability;
• assisting with the portfolio management of client portfolios;
• providing general, close, day-to-day support as required.
• Contributing to the aims of the business by participating in other investment, business development and business process initiatives as required.