Portfolio Manager, Emerging Market Debt
Where you'll fit in & what our team goals are....
We are seeking a Portfolio Manager to join our successful and growing Emerging Market Debt. The team manages a range of strategies in the Hard Currency, Corporate and Local Currency spaces for insurance, institutional and wholesale clients.
You will work alongside our experienced portfolio managers and in close collaboration with our global team of sovereign and corporate analysts. Responsibilities How you'll spend your time....
You will contribute as follows:
- Take part in active management of EMD Hard Currency investment strategies in pursuit of risk-adjusted returns
- Monitor and maintain portfolios in line with the process-driven approach of the firm
- Actively manage duration, credit beta, country and issuer risk within constraints
- Cash flow management
- Contribute investment themes and views to team-wide investment process
- Manage client requirements as required, including contact meetings
- Engage with specialist analysts; scrutinise and challenge trade ideas
- Contribute to evolution and refinement of investment process
You will work towards independently managing portfolios and will be expected to develop their skillset over time. Required Qualifications To be successful in this role you will have....
Prior experience as a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager within the Emerging Markets asset class complimented by:
Preferred Qualifications If you also had this, it would be great....
- Analytical skills
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills
- Good attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Client relationship management skills
- Passion for and understanding of investing
- Work well in a team
- CFA holder or are studying towards the CFA designation
- Experience with the Aladdin platform
- Experience with Python programming