Portfolio Manager, Emerging Market Small Cap Equity
- £75,000 to £100,000 base plus competitive bonus and benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Ashmore Group Plc
- 25 Sep 17 2017-09-25
- Process: Have in place and continue to innovate a strong research process / platform
- Lead responsibility for stock selection, portfolio construction and management of Emerging Market Small Cap Equity portfolio.
- The Portfolio Manager is expected to participate in oversight, governance and investment discussions of the Equity and Growth Equity ICs.
- Stock analysis: The Portfolio Manager will identify and conduct/manage research on investment opportunities for recommendation to the Small Cap Equity Investment Committee.
- Travel: The portfolio manager is expected to travel for at least three to five weeks annually to meet with companies in the portfolio and to identify new investment opportunities.
- Company Contact: The Portfolio Manager is expected to be in regular contact with companies in which the Firm has invested.
- Database: The Portfolio Manager has responsibility for ensuring the database of research is current for their areas of primary responsibility. This includes stock specific information as well as any relevant market/industry data.
- Distribution: To assist with the Distribution team where required in raising and/or retaining assets for the products under management
Key skills, experience and competencies required for role
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Finance; MBA and CFA strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience in Small Cap Emerging Markets Equity portfolio management.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build financial models and determine intrinsic value of investment opportunities.
- Ability to identify and analyse investment opportunities in listed equities in the assigned markets. Research will be focused on obtaining and analysing company and industry information as related to given investment opportunities.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of emerging markets and the fund management business.
- Competence in the use of data rich systems such as trade order management systems, portfolio accounting systems. Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Ability to travel for at least three to five weeks annually.
- Ability to communicate confidently on matters of valuation and asset behaviour, both internally and externally to all levels of an organization.
- Capable and experienced in marketing activity and sufficient gravitas for client interaction
- Fluent Mandarin or Russian language skills a plus
Please apply with full C.V. and covering letter by October 20th 2017