Description Citi Private Bank
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Product Mgmt
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19020104
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world's wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi's government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world's billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi's holistic approach to wealth management. Citi Private Bank is represented by more than 1,000 private bankers, investment professionals and product specialists across a network of 90 offices in 33 countries and over 128 currencies worldwide, making it the most global private bank. Job Background/Context:
The Investment Finance business of the Private Bank offers a diverse product range, covering margin and security backed finance, commercial real estate and residential real estate finance, aircraft, subscription credit financing, and art backed finance.
The IF Portfolio Officer role within the Investment Finance team revolves around supporting the structuring and delivery of our core product range and the provision of tailored solutions to empower the CPB's High Net Worth clients to pursue balance sheet leverage, diversification and liquidity. This role is based in the CPB London office. Job Purpose:
• An Investment Finance (IF) Portfolio Officer is a Lending Product Specialist within the Investment Finance business. In this capacity the IF Portfolio Officer works alongside the IF Specialists and IF Transactors with primary responsibility to ensure full compliance with the Citi Private Bank's (CPB) core credit policies and lending product programs across the CPB's core product range.
• This Portfolio Management role supports the EMEA IF Residential Real Estate (RRE) team, who are based in London. The team are responsible for the origination, structuring execution and portfolio management of CPB residential mortgage loans in accordance with established Product Programs.
• This is a demanding role in which individual judgment is needed to assess and review the detailed credit approval package prepared by IF Specialists and IF Transactors to ensure the new loan facility is in a position to drawdown. It requires a strong mix of analytical and process skills to manage a demanding workload.
• The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, who can successfully work in a team environment often under time constraints and be able to take decisions under pressure in the best interest of the shareholder, ensuring adherence to all processes and procedures as well as the integrity and consistency of the supporting data and documentation for a given transaction. Key Responsibilities:
Role will require the incumbent to acquire:
• Good understanding of Credit Policy and Product Programs parameters and requirements, which govern the lending criteria for RRE facilities.
• Detailed knowledge of the core CPB lending systems - Credit Platform and Credit Approval Accelerator. Good working knowledge of supporting systems - OneSource and Document Management Systems (DMS).
The role will require working with the following teams and functions; Risk Management and Business Risk and Control, Fundamental Credit Risk, Audit, Compliance and Legal, Operations and Technology, Marketing and Product.
The role is to support the EMEA Investment Finance Residential Real Estate business in ongoing portfolio management, monitoring activities and practices, ensuring appropriate implementation and alignment with applicable policies and procedures. This will include, but is not limited to:
• General support of IF Specialists in facility management, record keeping and transaction execution for the RRE portfolio.
• Reviewing and adjusting ongoing business practices, process enhancements and re-engineering, as required.
• Audit and Fundamental Credit Risk coordination and preparation.
• Responsible for Managed Control Assessment (MCA) implementation and ongoing monitoring and self-testing within IF, with regard to the RRE portfolio.
• Provision of portfolio MIS for various annual, quarterly and ad-hoc portfolio reviews.
• Vendor management, with third party organisations, which support the provision of the RRE product.
• Administration and maintenance of EUC registered documents, which support the loan underwriting and approval process.
• Regular facility level reporting activities to ensure compliance with Regulatory reporting requirements in the UK.
• Portfolio stress testing.
• Collection and coordination of executed client facility documentation, working in conjunction with the IF Specialists and the Account Documentation Unit, to ensure appropriate filing, scanning and storage or original documents.
• Minute taking for team meetings, portfolio reviews as required, to ensure the good governance of the RRE portfolio. Development Value:
For the right individual this role provides an excellent opportunity to develop new credit skills that are applicable in any commercial bank setting, with the added benefit of being in a position to see the entire breadth of the loan product offering in the portfolio management capacity. Qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
• Previous experience in an administrative and/or office role preferable
• Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint Qualifications:
• Undergraduate degree
• Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
• CeMAP preferred
• Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Competencies:
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
• Display flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer