Portfolio Services- Regulatory Reporting, Associate- Investment Management Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 14 Nov 18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
Investment Management (IM) Operations supports the equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative businesses for Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services, portfolio transitions, market registration, product data and performance and attribution analysis. MSIM Operations also provides mutual fund support, derivative processing, and counterparty and credit event management.
The candidate for this role will join the Portfolio Services team to support the regulatory reporting function, focusing primarily on MiFID II Post Trade Transparency and Transaction Reporting. As a relatively newly formed team, the candidate will have the opportunity to assist with the on-boarding of existing and new regulatory requirements, helping to design and build solutions. The role requires extensive collaboration with colleagues and third parties to ensure compliance and react to regulatory change. The candidate will therefore need to demonstrate excellent communication and organizational skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to self-motivate and challenge the perceived norm.
- Review, prepare and submit daily Transaction Reporting files in accordance with regulatory rules and guidelines.
- Monitor real-time trading to ensure compliance with Post-Trade Transparency Reporting requirements.
- React to regulator responses and rejections in a timely manner in order to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Produce daily management and monthly KRI statistics.
- Ensure all procedural documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Work proactively with counterparts across the bank, to ensure consistency, share knowledge and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Actively partake in industry forums, working groups and vendor meetings to share ideas and continue to evolve our regulatory solutions.
- Partner with Risk, LCD and internal working groups to review and on-board new regulatory requirements.
- Partner with internal business units and external third parties to design and implement day 2 enhancements.
- Using strong business sense and judgement, identify potential risk areas making appropriate recommendations and highlighting risk via the appropriate escalation channels.
- Liaise with the London Operations and Trade teams to resolve post-trade discrepancies.
- Proven investment management operations experience preferred
- Good product and instrument knowledge
- Prior experience working in regulatory reporting; a working knowledge of MiFID II and/or EMIR is preferred.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyse and break down complex requirements
- Demonstrated success working in a high intensity environment and an ability to close out issues promptly
- Strong risk awareness
- Strong business sense and excellent judgement.
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographic and functional boundaries
- Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and management across these functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and challenge conventional wisdom.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.