Are you a highly quantitative individual with a deep interest in the future evolution of African, Middle Eastern, and European power markets? Do you enjoy analysing complex problems and delivering well-structured solutions?
We're looking for an Energy Consultant, within the Power and Renewables Consulting team of the Climate and Sustainability business vertical to:
- Participate in consulting project development and delivery, leading power supply, demand, and prices forecasts.
- Apply energy industry knowledge into a variety of market designs and realities as required by different consulting projects need. Tasks would include supply-demand power modelling, legal and regulatory framework analysis, market screening, entry strategies, scenario energy planning, gas-to-power monetisation assessments, power generation economics analysis, and asset due diligence and valuation. The main geographical focus will be African and Middle Eastern markets.
- Travel for consulting assignments.
- Support, on a needs basis, IHS Markit's European power, gas, and renewables analysis in terms of market projections; regulation tracking; economic assessments; economic competitiveness of various power sector supply resources; tracking power market design evolution; and supply and demand fundamentals.
- Deliver insights through written reports, presentations, and client interactions.
You will be working in the Gas, Power, and Energy Futures Consulting Team in London. The team is part of a global gas and power group that allows IHS Markit to deliver unrivalled insights into the future direction of energy markets, informing investment decisions, scenario planning, and asset due diligence and valuation . Your expertise You have
You are or have
- An Electrical Engineering bachelor's degree or another highly quantitative subject.
- At least three years' experience of maintaining and developing large models of complex power systems and an understanding of power dispatch and demand modelling.
- Fluent in English, with French, German, and/or Arabic reading skills desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of third-party power dispatch software, such as Plexos and Aurora and advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and VBA.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstratable experience in using structured methods and data analysis to derive research insights and messages.
- An effective verbal and written communicator.
- Effective interpersonal skills to enable communication and collaboration with colleagues and clients.
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and to navigate in a matrix organization.
- Become part of a small, dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Develop and learn from industry experts.
- Broaden your knowledge of international oil, gas and power markets.
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Your colleagues About us
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence. Join us
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.