Power & Utilities Associate
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
One of the leading international banks are seeking associates to join their infrastructure platform. The team provides a full suite of investment banking services to corporates and financial sponsors in the sub sectors of Infrastructure, Real Estate, Transport, Logistics, Support Services, Renewables and Power & Utilities. This is an strong global team with high deal flow and impressive credentials.
The associate would provide support across all sub-sectors in the origination and execution of ‘event-driven’ transactions; primarily mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets transactions, financing and debt advisory. Responsibilities would include: Creating marketing materials, Financial modelling and analysis, Sector and product research and execution of transactions.
The associate would be delivering Power & Utilities sector expertise across all product areas (Financing and M&A):
- 2-4 years’ experience in the Infrastructure, Power and Utilities or Renewables sector
- An ability to model revenue drivers of including regulated cash flows, commercial/merchant risk and contractual
- Understanding of both development and investment debt facility including margin steps, cash sweeps and amortisation
- Ability to review, understand and summarise due diligence (Valuation, Environmental, Insurance etc.)
- Understand the differences in processes between buy side, sell side, public mergers and public acquisitions
- Understand and model valuation metrics including IRR, FCFE, DCF and Comparables