Practice Executive - Derivatives
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Global Derivatives Practice provides trade capture, lifecycle management and reporting services to asset managers and corporate & institutional clients who trade derivatives products.
Currently we are looking for a Practice Executive to manage our Global Derivatives Business. The key responsibilities of the role include:
The ideal postholder should demonstrate a fair amount of the following qualities:
- Providing leadership and guidance for a team of 500+ employees across several international locations
- Managing £20 million+ budgets
- Leading multiple transformation & change initiatives that support business efficiency and effectiveness within global regulatory and client change programmes
- Liaising with Senior management for both internal and external stakeholders
- Providing overall accountability for the performance management and career development programmes within the function
- Creating new business/client presentations, including RFP (request for proposal) responses
- Ensuring operational readiness for new business initiatives
- Overseeing, planning and directing the activities for the function to ensure that business objectives are being met
- Developing, implementing and communicating an overall strategy to meet both the function's and Northern Trust's strategic plan
- Assuming full accountability for the performance and profitability of the function
Working with Us:
- Prior experience working in a derivatives function
- Prior experience managing employees in varying geographies
- Prior experience managing multi-million pound budgets
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, non-verbal and written
- Demonstrated experience leading change management projects
- Proven experience developing and implementing business strategies for key business initiatives
- Demonstrated and highlighted experience providing external client presentations
- Prior experience working in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the value technology adds to an organisation
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.