Natixis UK is looking for a(n) Precious Metals Trader
Welcome to Natixis
At Natixis, we create tailor-made solutions in asset & wealth management,
corporate and investment banking, insurance, and payments, with over 16,000 staff members in 38 countries.
As an equal opportunity employer, Natixis is keen on promoting all talents and empowering our employees to evolve, grow, and take ownership of their careers. We strongly believe that our people are our greatest assets.
To keep moving forward collectively, to better serve our clients, and to provide
them with best in class solutions for their growth.
We strongly encourage every employee to foster change and we seek to give the opportunities to make a true impact.
What we can offer:
At Natixis, you have a great opportunity to join an entrepreneurial, agile and growing organisation, and to be part of an inspiring team. We offer a competitive remuneration package and generous total reward package and as an inclusive employer, we are also open to considering flexible working arrangements.
We continuously work to create an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion in all its forms, across gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity and background. We believe this creates equal opportunities for our employees — and better outcomes for our clients and communities.
We are committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruitment process. Learn more: https://home.cib.natixis.com/accessibility-and-disability
The Precious Metals Trader will be responsible for pricing, structuring, evaluating and managing risks for: GMC EMEA Precious Metals.
The client base includes: Precious Metals investors / producers/consumers
Products include: Precious Metals derivatives
Responsible for producing:
• Pricing for customers and sales teams Daily flash P&L • Daily P&L sign off for report produced by SDR
Responsible for reviewing:
• Daily Risk and P&L reports
• Economic and financial data likely to affect the trading book Client contributions data on transactions undertaken
• Aim to maximise long term revenues and control costs within the context of the GMC business line strategy and trading limits.
• Back up to Base Metals Linear desk
• Formulate and implement trading strategies and effective hedging strategies arising from client transactions within authorised trading limits.
• Monitor trading positions against performance and take timely action, as required
• Participate in the Bank's efforts to service client organisations: Ensure transaction execution meets client and Natixis requirements, notably with regards to providing timely and professional pricing and ethical execution of customer flows.
• Working practice in a commodities trading role
• Exposure and pricing experience in a broad set of metal commodities
• Client business facilitation focus
• Knowledge of usual trading media (brokers, inter-mediation platforms, etc...) and compliance procedures
• Ability to sponsor Front office Tools development
• Extremely rigorous and reliable, especially on deals pricing and book risk management and P&L production
• Fluid, clear and efficient communicator team player
• Fluency in English