EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Presales / Market Development – Economic Forecasting and Modelling (Financial Services)
to join our team in London, England, United Kingdom
FIS a global leader in financial software with 53,000 employees worldwide are seeking a Presales Specialist to join our team in Canary Wharf.
FIS is a global leader in financial services technology, in areas of retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, consulting and outsourcing solutions. Through the depth and breadth of our solutions portfolio, global capabilities and domain expertise, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and employs more than 53,000 people worldwide!
Our size, the quality of our staff, our diverse global locations and myriad areas of expertise all create an exciting place to work, learn, develop and build a successful career!
FIS Time Series Data Analysis Solutions & Financial Market Data Business:
The MarketMap Analytic Platform is a Forecasting Analysis and Modeling Environment. The Platform enables firms to improve their forecasting capabilities and provide enhanced risk exposure, potential return on investment and other statistical services. The public sector also widely uses the solution to manage statistical data and its publication.
As a front-to-back market data and historical database solution it provides access to high-volumes of intraday and daily time-series data and value added market data to identify market trends. Its powerful database and efficient analytic environment enable users to store, manipulate and analyze decision support data, macroeconomic trends, historical pricing data and more.
FIS is looking to add to their Pre-Sales team by hiring a subject matter expert covering sales support for the MarketMap Analytics Platform and data. He/she will work as sales support and pre-sales for EMEA prospects and clients and be also engaged in the early project phases as subject matter expert and engage directly with the client in defining the right solution.
This position will be based in Canary Wharf with travel to client sites in EMEA as required.
• Understanding of Market data and analytics and its software and how the relevant market participants use such software.
• Clearly prioritise/articulate to product management, the needs of existing customers and prospects in the region
• Working knowledge (hands on) with the software and data solutions
• Interact with product manager, professional services teams to demonstrate the MAP solution
• Ideally, the candidate should understand the latest market trends e.g. regulatory environment, macro and micro economic data environment within EMEA
• Clearly articulate and document industry/business needs
• Document industry and/or customer requirements at a detailed level
• Assist the sales team in developing a sales strategy regionally, and functionally
• Conduct product demos and proof of concepts
• Accompany the sales team on key sales calls / product demos in order to contribute industry and product knowledge, and credibility to the sales process
• Proactively monitor and review all aspects of the sales process, including all sales documentation, and propose alternatives in areas where improvement may be required
• Understand how to respond RFP and its processes.
Who are we looking for?
A Graduate or Post-Graduate with an interest and experience in Statistics/Econometrics with a desire to work in a client facing environment supporting the Sales Process as a Pre-Sales Specialist for a Global Leader in the FinTech industry.
You may already have some industry experience e.g. via a Graduate Program or by working in the industry.
• Proactive and self-motivated, seeking challenging work!
• Keen interest in both technology and finance
• Aspiring to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company!
• Good understanding in statistical packages as well as time series data management systems.
• Knowledge in statistical data and macro and micro economic data management and its analysis.
• Mature, intelligent individual with good numeracy, written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work within the demands of a fast moving, dynamic environment
• Good knowledge of all Microsoft packages essential
• There will be a requirement for an amount of international travel in this role (40%+)
• Attendance at client facing/market facing activities such as conferences and user-group meetings will be required periodically
• Knowledge in R or SAS.
Training & Development
Your development is important to us and we will support your learning needs with a robust training programme and on-the-job training.
What are we offering?
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your financial markets knowledge and skillset
• A collaborative and supportive team environment to help with your professional development
• A range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.