Presentations Analyst - Temporary
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.76 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,600 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
As a new entrant to PIMCO, you will learn about our business, help develop important relationships, and build career-enhancing skills. Analysts work with and support senior members of the PIMCO client facing team in fostering and strengthening new and existing client relationships. The successful candidate will be proactive in seeking new ways to improve efficiency, output and productive collaboration with all stakeholders.
The role encompasses a broad range of responsibilities including:
• Create customized client and business development presentations
• Assist in maintaining internal presentations/reports to ensure consistency with product standards
• Analyzing portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution
• Preparing client reports spanning performance, trading activity, portfolio valuation, macroeconomic developments and risk metrics
• Continually building an understanding of underlying market factors to complete more qualitative, complex investment analyses
• Handling ongoing automation of growing reporting requirements and streamlining of the reporting process
• Producing ad-hoc client, consultant, & internal requests for information
- Actively listening and asking questions to determine and meet client needs; go beyond normal job responsibilities to indirectly satisfy the client
- Fostering a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required
- Having the desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role)
Career Development, Training and Mentoring: New Analysts are given training, providing the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed - whatever your role in the firm. Position Requirements:
- University degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree.
- Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
- Strong Excel skills and a good level of PowerPoint
- Deep interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics and investment finance
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensuring that the work product is delivered completed, accurately, and on time