We are working with a top tier Pension Reinsurance business in the UK market who are actively looking to hire 3 student actuaries pricing roles within the business. These are ideal opportunities for part qualified actuaries who are looking to gain experience within a top tier firm and high caliber teams, who are regarded as some of the best in the industry.
The roles sit within the businesses 1st line teams, providing a range of reinsurance transaction support. We are looking for part qualified actuaries, typically with 1-3 years’ experience within a pensions business or pensions consultancy. The role(s) will see you working with direct exposure to actuarial decision making, risk adjusting and assumption setting, at the cutting edge of industry best practices. This is a firm who take pride in being at the forefront of the industry and have a reputation for maintaining excellence as a standard. This is a great opportunity for student actuaries who are looking to gain exposure and learn in an environment which is difficult to rival.
- Modelling scheme benefits based on:
- benefit specifications provided by EBCs
- Trust Deed & Rules
- member data
- Communicating technical issues to senior colleagues, including non-actuaries
- Liaising with EBCs to clarify data and benefit features
- Applying experience and professional judgement to identify significant risks relating to new deals
- Interacting with external legal counsel to analyse the legal benefit risks of pension schemes
- Analysing the socio-demographic profiles of pensions scheme populations
- Ensuring the appropriateness of the methodologies and underlying models used as well as the assumptions made in the calculation of the various actuarial balances
- Producing projected deal economics and expressing a commercial opinion.
- Producing materials for deal approvals processes and reviewing transaction documentation.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience within pensions consultancy or life insurance firm.
- Knowledge of DB Pension schemes.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills are required.
- Strong understanding of Excel, VBA experience preferred.
- Excellent stakeholder skills.
- Partial completion and continued progress towards FIA.
Salary of £40,000-50,000 dependent on experience.
“Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will, however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.”
For all other roles, please go to www.miryco.com