Pricing / Validation Quantitative Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Nov 18
Excellent opportunity for a junior level Trading Quant to join a Market Leading Investment Bank. This is an excellent environment to learn and build highly transferable, unique and technical skills that will add value to almost any Investment Bank.
In this role, you will need strong analytical skills, and the ability to create, challenge and improve models used in this department.
You will be part of the Pricing & Validation team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development of benchmark models (used for validation)
- Maintain tools , programming libraries and test environments, which are set up to support the model validation process and the risk methods in the trading risk systems
- Validation of pricing models
- Participate in the development of credit and trading exposure models
- Perform Quantitative analysis on Market data, trade requests and risk functionality (VaR, Expected Shortfall, Sensitivity reports)
- Co-Operate with Quantitative analysts who develop pricing models, that this department validates
- Provide support to risk managers in their specialist areas
You will need:
- Academic degree (MSc or PhD) in Econometrics, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Interest in and knowledge of financial mathematics, in particular, option pricing and stochastic calculus
- Familiarity with financial markets
- Good knowledge of statistical modelling and software (C++, Java, Python, R, SAS, Matlab or Mathematica)
- Good knowledge of developing complex mathematical models
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and execution skills.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Fluent English