FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Pricing & Valuation Specialist (Rates/Credit)
My client is a leading global diversified provider of financial information services. They are looking to recruit a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to work within its interest rate, inflation and credit derivatives product team.
My client is a leading global diversified provider of financial information services. They are looking to recruit a motivated individual with strong analytical skills to work within its interest rate, inflation and credit derivatives product team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance, development and calibration of pricing models for inflation, interest rate and credit derivatives, pricing new exotic instrument types on the request of existing and prospective clients and providing technical expertise internally and externally on these asset classes
The team provides an independent, post-trade valuation service to buy-side institutions globally, covering vanilla and exotic derivatives, cash instruments and structured notes across all asset classes. The service also offers clients the ability to receive an aggregated set of counterparty marks for their trades.
Duties & Accountabilities:
* Working on the quantitative, analytical and technological development of exotic interest rate and inflation derivative valuation capabilities.
* Providing on-going communication to clients on any issues relating to exotic interest rate and inflation derivative valuations including the co-ordination of complex client trials and addressing non-standard queries and price challenges.
* Enhancing existing pricing models or specifying / building / testing / calibrating pricing models to support new products within these asset classes.
* Ensuring the quality and reliability of market data inputs and calibrations for the pricing of the derivative instrument types within these asset classes.
* Working closely with other product groups and the global sales team in order to participate in driving the business and identifying product opportunities.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Undergraduate or Master's degree in a financial or quantitative discipline is essential.
* Proven track record in pricing interest rate or inflation derivatives with calibration to the traded markets is essential.
* Direct client-facing experience desirable.
* Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills are essential.
* Proficiency in Excel and VBA essential, proficiency in XML and SQL desirable.
* Prior industry experience at reputable financial institutions or financial services firm is desirable.
* Practical understanding of the basics of mathematical finance and derivatives pricing.
* Strong Excel skills are essential.
* Understanding of the interest rate derivatives market including participants, conventions, operations and commercials.
* Knowledge of global regulatory requirements preferred.
* Highly motivated and eager to take the initiative.
* Strong attention to detail, both numerically and in written material.
* Willingness to be hands-on in dealing with requests, issues and queries relating to client valuations, analytics and market data.
* Strong skills required to be able to communicate effectively with external clients and across business units within the company.
* Ability to work well within a global team environment alongside other product analysts, quants and developers.
- GBP35000 - GBP55000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 15 Jan 18