Prime Services Risk Technology - Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Mar 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 08 March 2019
Application Closing Date: 04 April 2019
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
The Prime Services Risk Technology team creates and enhances a suite of applications used to calculate Risk and Margin, and provide transparency back to clients on how we derive those requirements. In addition we provide real-time intraday visibility allowing our Risk Managers to see how current market conditions and client trading are affecting their portfolios. Finally we provide significant tooling to do pre-canned and adhoc analytics for Risk to help them review client and business impact of actual or theoretical market events or new business. We are aligned closely with the Firm's DataLake strategy and continue to invest in this direction This gives team members the opportunity to learn about the wide variety of asset classes our clients trade, as well as working directly with Risk Managers and Strats in a technology-intensive group. Client demands and high trading volumes put a constant pressure on us to look at new technology products available in the market place or in the firm. As a result, Prime Services is constantly expanding its platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain exposure to the latest technologies while gaining a strong understanding of what drives our business. This will be a fantastic learning opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies applied at scale, get exposure to the business and operations, innovate and make a real impact the bottom line. We're looking for self-motivated people, driven to learn about technology and the business it supports, who voice their opinions, and drive the team forward through innovation and new ideas.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Services Risk space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions
- The primary role of the candidate is to design, develop, and support one or more components within Risk Technology
- The candidate is expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and maintenance of that platform
- The successful candidate will work closely with IT peers and Risk / Strat professionals to define behaviour, services, and interfaces for the platform
- The candidate is expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
- The candidate is expected to be able to use the right technology solution for the problems, and demonstrate ability across multiple languages
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Technology or a related technical discipline required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services/fintech industries required
- Knowledge of financial markets, risk management systems, trading platforms and processes
- Significant development experience in core Java, C++ and Python required
- Exposure to OO design/development
- Unix environment working experience required
- Demonstrable involvement with continuous improvement/automation initiatives required
- Familiarity with testing of applications, development of order management systems and UI design required
- Experience in researching, working with large sets of data and exposure to real-time client/server application development required
- Demonstrable ability to work with multiple programming languages on the same project
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong team player, required to work extensively with other teams both locally and globally
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.