Prime Services Strats - Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 07 November 2017
Application Closing Date: 04 December 2017
As a strategist who sits in the Securities Division, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. You may create cutting-edge derivative pricing models and empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour, or develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients. You might be involved in analysing exposures and structuring transactions to meet client needs, or involved in designing and developing complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms. Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems.
If you are looking for a high impact position allowing you to fully leverage your strong quantitative and communication skills, then this is the ideal opportunity for you
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around The world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
The Prime Services Strat Team:
Our global team is a fundamental part of the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services groups under the Prime Services umbrella within the Securities Division. We drive major business decisions and run business critical systems in the following areas:
- Stock Loan & Funding: Our stock loan funding strats work side by side with the securities lending desk in conducting transactions and managing risk. In this entrepreneurial role, we build and maintain real-time and scalable trading, pricing, risk, inventory management and funding platforms.
- Risk: Our risk strats together with risk managers are responsible for developing and maintaining stress tests across asset classes and modelling of margin methodology and calculation of margin requirements. These state-of-the art models allow us to offer a wide range of financing solutions and risk-management models to help clients operate reliable in a variety of market conditions.
- Client Analytics: Our client analytics strats are in charge of developing external and internal client performance metrics across various dimensions of the Prime Brokerage Business. These metrics are heavily relied on by senior management and drive many discussions between clients, sales, and strats to identify the best ways we can serve our clients' needs.
While organised in different teams and locations, we pride ourselves in our teamwork across the globe and teams to find solutions that help our business thrive around the world. Our team members have a wide variety of quantitative academic and cultural backgrounds. This diversity helps us to find innovative solutions for our complex business problems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW WILL YOU FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
You will enjoy a widely scoped role that rewards multi-tasking, initiative and strong execution. You will not only have a direct impact on key revenue stream in Prime Services business but also have the chance to realise additional revenue opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying risk factors underlying various asset classes (Equities/Credit/FX/Rates/Commodities) across various client strategies
- Calibration of the identified risk factors to incorporate to the risk based margin model
- Developing models to measure the risk, integrating various risk measures into a unified cross-asset margin model
- Building and enhancing risk management platforms, developing tools for risk deep dive analysis, and suggesting improvements to existing models
- Working closely with prime brokerage risk managers and global Risk Strat team
- Establishing and building partnerships with colleagues across the Securities Division and the Finance Division
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Master's level or equivalent in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or a related quantitative discipline required
- Prior quantitative experience gained from working within investment banking industry required
- Experience of working in collaboration with trading teams required
- Experience of data analysis, designing/developing volatility and risk management tools required
- Must have strong understanding of statistics, probability, stochastic calculus, functional analysis, equity models, parallel computations, price derivatives and algorithms (including Monte Carlo method)
- Strong programming skills in C, C++, Python, R required
- Experience in one or more asset classes (Equities/FX/Credit/Rates/Commodities)
- Ability to work as part of a global team, developing new ways of working and deliver results quickly required
- Must be comfortable working on multiple projects, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.