Prime Services Tech Developer
- GBP40000 - GBP120000 per annum GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Prime Services Technology Engineer (Java)
My client is one of the most renowned Tier 1 Investment Banks in the world. They are looking for bright developers to join their London-based Engineering team and work within their multi-asset-class Prime Services Division, which spans across 4 business functions (OneDelta, Risk, Derivatives, and Client Engineering). It's a very hands-on, tech-oriented role; it offers a very flexible and highly competitive salary.
You will -
- Develop, design, and support components of the distributed Client Technology platform
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle from definition of requirements through deployment.
- Work closely with IT peers and business professionals to define behaviour, functionality and expected outcomes for the products under development
You will be part of the Engineering team which -
- Builds massively scalable software and systems
- Architects low latency infrastructure solutions
- Builds solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and many other areas
Skills & Experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Core Java development experience (solid understanding of Core Java concepts and Design Patterns). Similar expertise with equivalent object-oriented languages also considered (e.g., C++/C#).
- RDBMS experience (Sybase or UDB preferred)
- Experience in OO design/development
Bonus Skills (Not Essential)
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- Test-Driven development
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.