Prime Services Technology - Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 08 August 2018
Application Closing Date: 04 September 2018
Level: Executive Director
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with all the tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularly consider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients' needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies. Risk Management and Financing provide financing solutions and risk models that allow hedge fund managers to execute a wide range of investment strategies within a framework that is predictable and reliable across all market conditions.
Risk Technology provides products and services that broadly cover margin lending risk, clearing risk and trading risk for Prime Services clients in the PB, Futures, GSEC, and DCS businesses. We implement complex house and regulatory margin calculators, provide real time monitoring for client trading activity and build a suite of tools, reports, and risk analytics for internal Risk Managers and Margin Ops in addition to providing interactive web tools for external clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- A wide variety of projects are active in the Prime Services Risk space and we have a long pipeline of proposed business solutions
- The primary role is to design, develop, and support one or more components within Risk Technology
- You are expected to participate in the entire software development life cycle from definition of requirements through deployment and maintenance of that platform
- You will work closely with IT peers and Risk / Strat professionals to define behaviour, services, and interfaces for the platform
- You are expected to work closely with colleagues and users in other regions
- You are expected to be able to use the right technology solution for the problems, and demonstrate ability across multiple languages
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Engineering. Technology or a related discipline required
- Prior software engineering, software design experience required
- Development experience in C/C++/C#/Java required
- Strong familiarity with algorithms, data structures, performance optimisation required
- Experience in full-stack development, product life-cycle management and system firmware programming required
- Involvement with continuous improvement/automation initiatives required
- Experience of developing web front-end firmware, real time operating system and embedded programming required
- Project management experience with knowledge of Agile/Scrum required
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments required
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, working with large data sets required
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills required
- Must be a self-starter
- Demonstrable ability to work with multiple programming/technical languages on the same project
- Ability to collaborate with local and global teams required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.