- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
Principal, ASBRequisition ID
Dept. / Bus. Group
SME F&D Front Office
SME F&D, Financial Products
Posting End Date
Purpose of Job
The Principal is responsible for managing special initiatives, such as thematic or regional programmes, as well as managing selected donor relationships to mobilise funding and ensure timely reporting. In addition, the Principal plays a key role in enabling BAS to achieve annual targets by undertaking a range of activities, such as reviewing market development activities, conducting quality assurance, developing improvements to operating procedures and enhancing BAS knowledge management.
SBS helps small and medium-sized businesses to grow and become genuine catalysts for their local economies by providing access to local and international experts. Some clients will benefit from investment, but SBS also strives to create healthier, more innovative and successful businesses. Through its work to improve the quality and availability of local consultancy services, SBS aims to leave behind a network of trained, experienced local consultants, and a thriving community of small and medium-sized businesses willing to pay for advice.
Activities are delivered through two complementary products: Business Advisory Services (BAS), focused on narrowly-defined projects such as strategy and quality management carried out by local consultants, and the Enterprise Growth Programme (EGP), which draws on the industry expertise of international advisers over a longer period to strengthen the overall management and operations of client businesses.
Each SBS project is funded by donors, including around 20 countries, the European Union and the EBRD itself. SBS clients also make a contribution to the cost, ensuring their full commitment. SBS rigorously monitors and evaluates the impact of its work. Active projects with clients are monitored at regular intervals, and one year after every project, SBS returns to the client to measure impact.
The Principal is responsible for managing special initiatives and supports the Senior Principal to manage the overall delivery of BAS activities. For the role holder to be successful, he/she has to relate and interact with 25 country teams and staff (BAS) and other HQ banking and non-banking teams and external donors to ensure they can execute their role.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support more senior team members to set operational targets and agree operational plans for all BAS country teams/programmes and review progress to inform management decision-making.
- Establish and sustain good relations with selected donors and other stakeholders to develop funding proposals.
- Manage timely production of reports on programmes to inform funding donors on progress and impact.
- Work with country teams to design and review new market development activities, new programmes or multi-country initiatives to maximise the transition impact and sustainability of BAS.
- Conduct quality assurance and due diligence to ensure effective management and delivery of BAS project portfolio.
- Manage delivery of special initiatives such as thematic or regional programmes that for instance require coordination between SBS country teams and regions and/or partnership with other teams in the Bank.
- Originate, develop and manage improvements to BAS operating procedures and to the BAS Management Information System (MIS) to ensure present and future activities can be managed efficiently and effectively.
- Develop new knowledge management products to promote communication, skills development and efficiency of operations across BAS.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Strong academic background with relevant Master's degree (Economics, MBA, MPA, International Development etc.) from a leading university in the country of education
- Relevant professional experience, preferably gained from an IFI, development organisation, commercial management consultancy or bank, donor organisation, or international support programme.
- Knowledge of donor funded work, donor organisations and experience in donor fund mobilisation
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Sustainability, Quality Assurance, MBA, Finance, Energy, Technology, Management