Principal Agile Analyst (Data)
Who we're looking for
Principal Agile Analysts are core members of the function and wider Technology domain. They are responsible for leading and contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development and testing in relation to on-going change across the Technology Platform.
The analyst will be required to work on large scale Projects or Programmes of change and also be required to work within a capability aligned agile team.
Principal Agile Analysts within Technology are innovative and passionate people who demonstrate a high degree of skill, experience and professionalism relative to their peers.
We are a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
The Technology team supports a number of business areas within Private Assets (Real Estate, ILS, Private Equity & Infrastructure), this role is focussed on Pan PA - a team that operates across all asset classes.
The Technology team works very closely with other business domains in Schroders to create a Technology platform with an emphasis on a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds and levels of scale. Our primary goal is to deliver value through Technology domain expertise and robust solutions to our customers.
The teams operate under an agile operating model (based on the SAFe methodology) facing off to defined capabilities within our business.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements. At present with this specific opportunity it is expected to require 5 working days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
What you'll do
• Gather data requirements and interface directly with SMEs
• Perform data analysis to support requirement gathering
• Offer data consultancy to business and technology stakeholders
• Build logical data models and other analysis artefacts to support the SDLC
• Attend governance forums to present data analysis
• Ensure best practice data management is embedded within technical solutions
• Analysis of functional, business and technical requirements into flexible, strategic solutions
• Support Capability [Product] owners to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Technology Capability teams are suitable defined and structured
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, and testing of working software
• Responsible for contributing to all elements of planning, including estimates for analysis assignments, testing and the support acceptance process
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders agile ceremonies
• Dedicated to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (Development and testing)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills and experiences
• Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through guidance of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience of Financial Services and Asset Management data, with a particular focus on Private Assets/Alternatives
• Strong data analysis and modelling skills (including SQL & ERDs)
• Experience of data analysis for interface design and data model definitions
• Experience working with databases and implementing data management
• Wide experience of business analysis across a number of different capabilities, systems or teams; number of different (positive) experiences is valued higher than length of experience
• High level of technical skill in use of business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support software development
• Highly skilled in producing visual artefacts e.g. Visio / iServer to communicate requirements, stories or design solutions
• Comfortable to engage with senior stakeholders within the business and wider GT in both written and verbal form
• Excellent ability to produce management level information packs / presentations to communicate requirements and design solutions
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, times zones etc.
• Track-record of delivery within large programmes
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS & Azure)
• Experience working on Alternatives/Private Assets platforms e.g. eFront
• Relevant Investment Management/Private Assets professional qualifications such as: Investment Management Certificate (IMC), Investment Operations Certificate (IOC) & Fundamentals of Alternatives Certificate
• French/German speaking (to business proficiency)
What you'll be like
Someone who shows initiative and thrives in a fast-paced and time-critical business environment
Self-motivated and enthusiastic
Striving for continuous improvement, bringing new ideas to the team
Able to remain positive when under pressure
Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles
Great at unpicking a problem, from start to end, own and deliver the solution
Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.