Principal Analyst Developer
Principal Analyst Developer
The Schroders Global Technology function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. The software engineering and technology change function is split between 6 domains: Investment, Distribution, Product, Corporate, Wealth and Digital.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital is a group closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
The Digital Product Team is part of Schroders' Digital department. The team's primary goal is support the Product division at Schroders to deliver digital capability through digital technologies. We play a key part in the ensuring the digital face of Schroders is present within the internal Product operating model and external offerings.
• Be involved in every aspect of solution delivery from solution analysis, design, technical development and implementation, stakeholder engagement through to roll-out; and
• Lead the design and implementation of services to support the team with their deliveries
We actively work to reduce friction in our delivery pipeline so we can deliver value efficiently without comprising quality, security and scalability.
• End-to-end delivery of public facing digital tools and REST APIs;
• Collaboration with peers from Infrastructure, InfoSec, Digital, and business functions in provisioning solution;
• Coaching and mentoring onshore and nearshore developers;
• Collaboratively evolve standards of technical delivery within Digital with peers; and
• Driving adoption of best practices.
• Solid full stack development experience using .NET & NET Core;
• Familiar with UI frameworks such as React or Vue.js;
• Experience developing REST APIs;
• Familiar with test automation techniques such as TDD and BDD;
• Full stack application performance management techniques and strategy;
• DevSecOps mind set, used in enhancing build and delivery pipelines, security, system telemetry and functional testing;
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe; and
• Excellent communication skills.
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Curious: Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.