Principal Analyst Developer
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer with strong expertise in React.JS to work with our React Native Mobile App and Web development teams. They will receive the support and training to cross train to React Native Mobile App development if they do not already have this skill. They will be responsible for:
• Development of Cross-Platform mobile applications with React Native.
• Development of web applications using front-end technologies including React.JS, HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive Design. We currently host over 100 websites around the globe and are in the process of re-platforming onto a modern headless API, Cloud based platform.
• Working effectively with client-facing groups within Schroders with a collaborative approach to gather business requirements and translate those requirements into functional solutions.
• Working with our UX Design team to manage and maintain the creative design; 'look and feel' of our mobile products.
• Having a passion for keeping up to date with the latest industry trends in mobile technologies, demonstrating thought leadership and coaching to other team members.
• Experienced in articulating technical solutions to non-technical and business stakeholders is an advantage.
• Responsible for development tasks, including design, build, test, which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Product owners.
• Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing user stories into tasks etc.
• Responsible for collaboration with business stakeholders and agile analysts to effectively deliver features and user stories into working software that is fit for purpose
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Responsible for writing unit tests, build and deployment scripts to support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
The role requires a structured creative individual who can govern our growing demand for mobile app development on a global level and help us offering leading Digital solutions. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology is shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. Face to face interaction remains a key aspect of our culture and the office is valuable for many of us. Flexible working is a key element of our working practices and as a general principle, we have decided that there will be no Group-wide mandated requirements to be in the office for a certain number of days. It's about choice and empowering you to work in the ways that are most productive for you, your team and the business. The team
You will work in an Agile development team within Schroders Digital Department, part of the Global Technology function.
The team is currently working with both the Asset Management and Wealth business developing mobile apps for sharing thought leadership content and providing portfolio management capabilities to clients. We are in the process of building new apps and porting some existing apps over to React Native.
The Global Technology vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can leverage Agile to effectively deliver enhanced business benefits focused on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Global Technology will enable Schroders to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Excellent software design principles and patterns, designing code for readability and re-usability, scalability, and maintainability
• Work effectively with technical and non-technical peers across Technology and the wider business
• Strong understanding and experience applying Agile principles
• Good DevOps experience including continuous integration and automated deployment. Knowledge of certain tooling is a plus; such as Azure DevOps, Git, Fastlane, Confluence.
• Experience working with global colleagues and stakeholders understanding cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Understanding the entire application life cycle for Android and iOS - concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and ongoing support.
• Experience developing mobile applications with React Native
• Experience in building React Native Bridges for iOS and Android
• Experience and knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Ideally some exposure to building IOS Native Apps using Swift What you'll be like
• Team player who values clean code and a culture of continuous improvement
• Passionate about what you do, detail-orientated, always striving for excellence and proactively seeking for areas to improve
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Able to prioritize work and limit work in progress in order to achieve optimal flow; must be able to manage stakeholder expectations and commitments.
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.