Principal Development Project Mgmt
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit
- 14 Aug 18 2018-08-14
Principal Development Project Mgmt
Markit is a global index provider, with coverage that includes equities, fixed income and economics. We also provide index related services to enable customers to meet custom or bespoke index requirements. We leverage more than 10 years of experience in designing, administering and calculating innovative indices across OTC and exchange-listed asset classes to construct and deliver high quality indices.
The product delivery lead's responsibilities will include business workstreams delivery and management across the Indices group, setting product delivery standards like methodologies, best practices, training and tools.
The role also requires the candidate to lead coordinated organization and management of the Indices programs under their control within the specified constraints of time, cost and quality.
The candidate should have prior experience working in an Agile environment with scrum masters who will own technical deliveries. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast paced environment and be flexible to adapt to changes.
The candidate will be expected to work closely with the Business, Development, Alliances and Agile delivery teams including Scrum masters.
Duties & accountabilities
Business delivery management -
- Orchestrate and drive the successful & timely completion of initiatives to achieve the business goals. The delivery of technical capabilities will be managed by scrum masters in the team. The business delivery manager's role is to incorporate that into an end to end plan which will include managing non development activities like data sourcing, licensing, legal, commercial and go to market.
- Build, develop and maintain highly collaborative and effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Employ program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery.
- Proactively identify and communicate risks and issues (outside of technical deliveries).
- Track and communicate portfolio status to multiple levels of the organization.
- Direct and motivate the project teams.
- Liaise with clients, technology suppliers, and legal for external facing products
- Propose and champion process improvements based on outputs of post project reviews and day to day experiences.
- Define and maintain product delivery standards and processes including roll out and adoption of project portfolio management (PPM) across the division.
- Develop positive relationships and advise project sponsors, innovation Managers, and teams to the best use of product delivery disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment
Program Management for Key Initiatives
Depending on the pipeline and roadmap, some key initiatives will require a more rigorous end to end project planning and management. The business delivery manager will:
- Initiate these projects, help with scoping, assessing resources, creating plans and communicating at all levels.
- Assist the product delivery head in evaluating and recommending a successful approach and execution plan across business IT and operations, covering change programmes, company/department structure and resourcing, governance, operational risk mitigation, implementations and methodologies.
- Monitor and control the project, including reporting progress against plan.
- Manage project risks and issues, dependencies & assumptions, including developing contingency plans.
- Take responsibility for communication of overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Assist with establishing stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels.
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in the field of technology or finance required.
- Graduate degree (MS, MBA) preferred.
- Proven experience on project management and solid understanding of agile teams.
- Proven delivery track record
- At least 10 years of experience managing delivery of projects into complex platform environments where many dependencies need careful management.
- Prior involvement in major, multi geography projects
- Experienced in Microsoft tools, Jira, Confluence and PPM software.
- Experience with Agile or other iterative processes is a plus.
- Understanding of general financial terms and principals required.
- Interest in financial markets and transactions required.
- Experience with data and feeds desired
- Competence in liaising with Clients, Product, Development and Operations stake holders.
- Able to facilitate meeting where required and ensure decisions/actions are captured, communicated and tracked
- Take ownership of the programme of work, ensuring process, infrastructure and communication mechanisms are maintained.
- Strategic planning
- Business change management
- Defining and managing change programs
- Process re-engineering
- Risk management and mitigation
- Issue management and resolution
- Highly focused on project delivery
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and consistently meet tight deadlines, Excellent estimating and planning skills
- Good presentation skills
- Solid documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Meeting Management
- Decision Support
- Conflict Resolution
- Logical Thinking
- Flexibility and attitude to achieve tight deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to lead conference calls with both internal and external participants
- Ability to work with a complex stakeholder group across geographical boundaries
- Ability to work creatively, propose ideas and contribute to working groups
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.