- £120 - 160k base + 20% Bonus and Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sapient Global Markets.
- 18 Dec 17 2017-12-18
An outstanding opportunity for a Senior UI Engineer who is expert in building complex enterprise applications using the latest technologies and features. You will take a pivotal role within Sapient Global Markets' London technology group and get to lead the design and development of new digital platforms within the financial services, commodities and utility sectors.
At Sapient Global Markets, we are quite literally on the front line of the biggest issues facing the global markets leaders today – investment banks, asset management firms, wealth managers, oil and energy firms, and government and regulatory agencies. Driving transformation and leading change within these industries requires big thinkers who bring insight, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation. What we offer is the opportunity to join a recognized leader in developing and delivering ground-breaking solutions for today’s dynamic global marketplace and an award-winning culture that fosters growth and leadership.
As Principal Engineer of Enterprise Application Engineering at Sapient Global Markets, you will have multiple responsibilities including technical leadership of teams, architecture, technical design and development. You will provide best practice points of view within your area of expertise and also be an authority for technology development methods and processes. You will guide the architecture, design, user interface and technology integration of projects while working closely with the client’s technology and management teams. Using your expertise on enterprise-wide trends you will also act as a trusted client and team advisor and help to realise new business opportunities.
Example Projects & Initiatives
- Greenfield Commodities Trading platform (Physical and Derivatives) developed using the latest front and Back End technologies and frameworks.
- State of the art digital banking apps that utilise latest Front End tools and frameworks, micro services architecture, API authentication and Cloud technologies.
- Grid based risk platform design and development
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Work closely with stakeholders to design solutions that meet our clients requirements
- Act as technical lead across development teams of different sizes, skills and geographies for multiple projects and clients within the financial services and commodities sectors
- Lead large scale technical design, planning & delivery
- Work closely with PMs / SMs to facilitate planning and delivery
- Drive best practices adoption
- Mentor and coach to ensure growth of teams
- Instil a long term vision to drive technology transformation over multiple stages / deliveries
- Instil a big picture and longer term view of enterprise application engineering at Sapient
- Accumulate on–going knowledge of the latest technology, business and market trends to ensure Sapient stay a step ahead of clients and competitors
Your Technology and Engineering Profile
We are looking for a high calibre engineer who can design and implement solutions combining multiple technologies, frameworks and libraries to deliver outcomes that meet our clients’ business objectives. The ideal candidates’ background will have a strong focus on front end design and development with the following skills profile:
- React & Angular2 experience
- Java and/or C# experience
- Responsive Web Design & Mobile First Design experience
- Experience of performance techniques (Minification / Spriting / SPOFs)
- Experience with one or more server technologies such as Node.js, Non-Blocking Java (e.g. Akka, Vert.x), Spring Boot or .NET Core
- REST Web services & API Experience
- Database experience with one or more of - SQL, NoSQL & NewSQL (e.g. MySQL PostgresQL, Cassandra, Mongo, Aurora, Spanner)
- Architectural knowledge in one or more of - MicroServices, 12 Factor Applications, Event Driven Architectures
- Messaging knowledge (Topics, Queues & Publish Subscribe)
- Agile Delivery experience
- DevOps / Automation experience (CI, CD, Aggregated Logging & Metrics)
- QA experience (e.g. Test Pyramid, Automated Testing)
Nice to Have
- Native (Electron / React Native / Android / iOS / OpenFin)
- WebSockets / Streaming
- Reactive Programming
In addition you will also
- Have extensive experience in client facing and/or consulting roles
- Be open to travel as part of your role