Private Assets Project Manager
Who we're looking for - Project Manager - Private Assets Technology
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions.
We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Private Assets Technology is a delivery function supporting the primary business capabilities across Schroders such as; Real Estate, Infrastructure Finance, Private Equity, Insurance Linked Securities, Private Debt & Pan Private Asset Strategic deliverables.
The team work closely with the business and its supporting change functions to provide on-going support for all forms of technical delivery including Project Management. The team also provide robust design solutions that meet the needs of the business and remain aligned to our Private Assets Technology strategic vision.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
What you'll do
Private Assets Technology are currently engaged in a series of change initiatives across many disciplines. Large in-flight projects include: Implementation of Single Client On-boarding Solution, Private Assets Operational Data Layer, Full CTB Book of work focussing on strategic initiatives for each business line in 2020 & agreed for 2021 with a multi year strategy.
The Project Manager will be responsible for contributing to and controlling all aspects of the delivery lifecycle from inception through to the formal release process into the production environment. The Project Manager will also be responsible for producing regular stakeholder reporting artefacts such as steering committee papers, weekly reports and will own and govern a financial budget aligned to the delivery. They will provide a second in command capability for the Head of Change & Technology for Private Assets.
Successful candidates will need to have experience delivering (or worked in a team delivering) projects across the full investment platform, covering Private Assets business capabilities.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Manage projects to budget and delivering agreed functionality using the Schroders technology lifecycle, processes and procedures
• To participate in a defined programme of work and manage the communication to enable this
• To liaise with the business units in order to accurately identify business requirements/needs and provide effective solutions in a timely and cost effective manner
• To manage the translation of these requirements into functional specifications and robust business processes
• To liaise with external suppliers to ensure effective implementation of 3rd party applications
• To liaise with the engineering teams to ensure accurate delivery from specification
• To manage and support the testing and implementation of business initiatives
• Support the Investment Solutions Practice Lead and Head of Investment Technology to define and remain aligned to the Technology Platform vision/strategy
• Responsible for coaching, mentoring and leading the analysis team in order to improve the standards across the team
• Support Capability [Product] owners and leads to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Technology Capability teams are suitably defined and structured
• Accountable for ensuring committed objectives are met within agreed timelines
• Accountable for contributing to all elements of planning, including estimates for analysis assignments, testing and the support acceptance process
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders agile ceremonies
• Supporting the development of the wider GT organisation through leadership of communities, guilds or key involvement in other non-core activities
• Oversight of budgets for each technology stream, reporting over/underspend and addressing any financial gaps with stakeholders.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Proven track record of project delivery within a Private Assets environment within an Asset Management House
• Experience of the full project lifecycle, from initial requirements gathering through to implementation and ongoing support
• Ability to manage a small to medium size team with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and time critical business environment
• Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders within the business and wider GT in both written and verbal form
• Ability to produce management level information packs/presentations for senior stakeholders
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, times zones etc.
What you'll be like
• Ability to remain positive when under pressure
• Inspiring and collaborative leader
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.