Private Bank/Wealth Management Lawyer # 107230
The CSUK Legal team is primary responsible for providing legal and regulatory advisory support and risk assessment to the CSUK business, including other shared services functions. The role requires acting as a control function as well as a strategic advisor across a range of business including the lending business as well as the investment services (advisory, discretionary, execution only) business covering a wide range of investment products distributed by the firm. The role includes a significant amount of regulatory work across a wide range of regulations, including consumer protection.
- Legal and regulatory risk management and control including advising on legal and regulatory risk control processes
- Advising on current and new business initiatives from a legal and regulatory risk and control perspective
- Advising on product approvals from a legal and regulatory perspective
- External counsel management and cost control
- Close liaison with counterparts in other regions to build a harmonized approach to issues and policies
- Close liaison with Compliance and other control and risk management functions.
- Maintaining contractual documentation and templates
- Contributing to policies and procedures impacting CSUK from a legal and regulatory perspective
- Participating in various governance committees
- Contributing to team know-how
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- He/She will be PQE in private practice and/or financial services firm, preferably in the wealth sector.
- Sound knowledge of the typical products and services offered by a private bank.
- Deep understanding of the regulatory and legal issues facing wealth managers/private banks, including lending (regulated and unregulated).
- Control focused, strong analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and manage legal risks including contract negotiations across a number of different service areas and product lines, advising on new services, products and structures, updating standard documentation, assisting litigation team with contentious matters etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and key stakeholders is important.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.