- Competitive plus Excellent Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
As a Barclays Private Banker you will be identifying, initiating, building and maintaining effective introductory relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure effective opportunity streams for new clients, assets and revenues.
As a Barclays Private Banker you will be identifying, initiating, building and maintaining effective introductory relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure effective opportunity streams for new clients, assets and revenues. Acting as a trusted advisor to clients providing bespoke banking services, lending and wealth structuring, in addition to a world class range of investment solutions and products across all asset classes.
The Private Bank supports High Net Worth, Ultra High Net Worth and Family Office banking, investment and credit needs through a dedicated Private Banker and team of investment and wealth specialists. With offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Monaco, Switzerland, India and Dubai, we offer access to a fully bespoke service. The business is high growth and significantly invested in delivering high touch personal services and solutions with access to the Corporate and Investment Bank. Complex products are available through the Private Bank; including structured credit and derivative margin trading, direct access to trading desks for equity and FX forwards
As a Private Banker, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Working on your own volition to achieve personal objectives and assist in achieving team targets for new clients, assets and revenues
* Becoming a key person and subject matter expert within the team for banking products, credit advice, investment knowledge and more complex client queries
* Delivering high quality bespoke advice, maximising value for our clients and negotiating the best commercial outcome
* Acting as the key advisory for Wealth Advisory, Discretionary Portfolio Management, Investment Advisory and Global Investments & Solutions
* Being able and willing to discuss markets, their issues and opportunities with clients
* Ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
As a Private Banker, your skills and qualifications will include:
* A Degree in technical knowledge and accomplished in applying analytical reasoning and judgement to solve complex problems
* Experienced in controlling and monitoring of risk within a client book
* Experience in retail regulated products and services to mass market and high net worth customers and asset management
* Possesses excellent business development/cold calling skills
* Detailed and up to date knowledge of the relevant International markets
* You will be certified under the Individual Accountabilities Regulations and hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.