- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Investec Bank plc
- 27 Jul 18 2018-07-27
Description of Role and Key Responsibilities
- Originate new target market clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange.
- Manage and develop existing relationships with the aim of building and maintaining the portfolio, whilst continually identifying further business opportunities aligned to the client’s needs.
- Consistent and accurate capturing of client information at all touch points.
- To deliver and exceed on the quantitative and qualitative performance and budget expectations of the role.
- Delivery of a superior client service that ensures overall TCF(Treating Customers Fairly) principles and that the right client outcomes are achieved.
- Identify new business opportunities and provide input into the overall development of the banking business within the Private Bank.
- Identify referral opportunities and partner with other Private Bank and Investec Group specialisations in delivering solutions to our clients.
- To ensure that expectations, rules and guidance of the FCA are met within the business.
- Understanding, buy-in and practise of Investec’s culture and values.
Where undertaking lending activities:
- To originate, assess risk and appropriately price lending opportunities
- Preparation of credit applications, loan and mortgage agreements and fielding existing client queries
- Acting as “first line of credit” to mitigate credit risk for the bank and to ensure we lend responsibly to our clients.
- To provide bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs.
- To ensure lending exposures are managed in accordance with Investec’s policy, procedures, credit and deal forum requirements.
Core Skills and Attributes
- Regulatory Knowledge as applicable to role (compulsory)
- To act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating our customers fairly (compulsory)
- Coaching & Assessment (compulsory for Line Managers and other Supervisors)
- Experience originating clients through lending, transactional banking, savings and foreign exchange
- Experience providing bespoke lending solutions for target market clients aligned to their needs
- Client relationship management skills
- Understanding of all relevant internal processes, procedures, compliance and regulatory requirements e.g. AML, Conduct Risk etc.
- Specialist financial, market, competitor and banking knowledge
- Proven sales, networking, origination and business development skills and expertise
Relevant banking and financial markets qualifications and experience (CeMap (or equivalent) is compulsory before undertaking regulated mortgage activities)