Private Banking - Business & Operations Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Edmond de Rothschild UK Ltd.
- 17 Sep 18 2018-09-17
Edmond de Rothschild (UK) Ltd are currently looking for a Business & Operations Manager for their Private Banking business across all aspects from relationship management, investment services, banking and custody services, business management and risk and regulatory compliance first line defences.
The Business and Operations Manager has primary responsibility for the operational and business efficiency of the private banking platform across all aspects from relationship management, investment services, banking and custody services, business management and risk and regulatory compliance first line defences.
Having a detailed understanding of the policies, process and procedures, governance model, business platform management and associated systems and controls for the Private Banking business, the Business and Operations Manager works with relationship managers, investment managers, various product specialists, middle-office and operations teams both internally in the UK and with affiliate Banks and departments of the wider group to deliver a seamless and integrated experience to our clients, across all products and services and compliant with internal policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Primary lead for the CEO UK across all aspects of operations management and business management of the private banking business and platform ranging from driving strategic initiatives to managing and prioritizing day-to-day activities.
- Develop a detailed understanding of current-state services, capabilities, processes, procedures and supporting systems of the platform offering and ensure efficient operation front to back in the delivery of client services.
- Identify weaknesses, gaps, opportunities for improvement and propose innovative business solutions to develop the operating model and to maximise the Client experience.
- Partner with Business-aligned functional areas (Client Service, On-boarding, Investment Solutions, Finance, Compliance) with respect to both daily tactical delivery and operational change management initiatives impacting the platform.
- Support the overall business governance of the private banking business including maintaining the policies and procedures, governance process, support to executive committees and development of relevant business information and analysis (e.g., financial reporting, forecasting, monitoring of performance against plan).
- Support audit, regulatory and compliance deliverables; help drive specific action plans and deliverables within the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework, responsible for ensuring that the business understands its operational and investment risks and has robust standards, controls and practices in place to mitigate these risks which could impact its capital, earnings, reputation or business operations or opportunities.
- Ability to build and foster strong partnerships with cross functional teams (i.e. Marketing, Finance, Middle Office, Controls Management and Compliance) to support key facets of the private banking business.
- Strong ability to problem solve and examine business initiatives with an eye towards client, firm, advisor, and business impact.
- University degree
- Experience within the financial services industry (private banking focussed), ideally with exposure to change management, risk management, project and business management
- 3+ years in Wealth Management/Private Banking
- Highly articulate in written and verbal communication
- Problem solving mind-set, ability to take initiative to resolve issues
- Strong business acumen, detail oriented, possessing strong analytical skills, timeliness, and high productivity while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills - and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels and build trusted relationships and to influence and impact business decisions across platform dependencies over which the incumbent does not have direct authority
- Proactive, keen to learn and take on new responsibility, individual must be able to work independently on complex tactical and operational projects for the business line
- Fluent in French advantageous
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for applications is 10 October 2018.