My client is a well-established and highly successful global alternative investment manager. With a strong track record of delivering consistent and strong returns for its clients, its London office is now recruiting for a Private Equity Fund Accountant. The role is to work as part of a medium-sized finance team, with a flat structure, so there will be opportunities to grow your skills and gain excellent and broad exposure with plenty of variety. Excellent stakeholder management skills are also required as the finance team work in close partnership with the fund managers, deal and management teams.
- Fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with 1-4 years of post-qualification experience within the private equity, alternative investment management or real estate investment sector in a fund accounting role.
- Fund accounting experience
- Must possess a strong understanding of Private Equity. The hiring manager is ideally wanting to bring on board an individual who they don’t need to explain the mechanics of PE to (i.e. what is a capital call, a distribution, the fundamentals of cash management). Candidates can be currently in a PE fund accounting role or may have moved into Corporate Reporting after dealing with PE clients in practice or having started their career in PE. From an understanding of the role and industry perspective, they need to come “ready-made”/confident about the basics, so to speak.
- Experience gained from within a fund (rather than a fund administration firm)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships across the business (including with fund managers, deal team and senior management)
As a Fund Accountant, your expected tasks and responsibilities include (and are not limited to):
Fund accounting and financial statement reporting of multi-currency funds:
Review monthly NAV reconciliations with fund administrator
Review calculation of management fees and performance fees
Review of quarterly and annual GAAP financial statements and footnote disclosures for multiple funds
Prepare/review quarterly manangement company reporting requirements
Prepare and/or review debt compliance reporting
Calculate fund performance metrics
Assist in managing relationships and liaise with internal resources, offshore resources, external fund administrator(s), and external auditors to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines
Ongoing and day-to-day functions:
Review wire preparations
Review general ledger entries
Cash flow projections and cash management, including LP capital activity (ie: capital calls/subscription and distribution/withdrawal calculations)
Participate and contribute to regular review of overall processes and deliverables to improve effectiveness, efficiency, and accuracy.
Ad-hoc reporting and various special projects for both internal and external use
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Fully-qualified with 1-4 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in private debt a plus
- Working experience as a finance analyst a plus
- Advent Geneva or Wall Street Office experience a plus
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT) experience required
- Good understanding of business and accounting principles (US & UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task on various projects
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment