Procurement Manager London based Large Asset management compnay Contract Position
Job Description - Procurement Manager
The Procurement & Supplier Management (P&SR) function reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The function selects and manages third party suppliers for the client. The aim of the function is to protect the business against commercial, operational and regulatory risk whilst delivering value for money for budget holders. The function will develop, agree and communicate the procurement strategy and will deliver procurement services to the organisation including running procurement projects, managing renewals, putting in place effective and appropriate contracts with appropriate suppliers and managing the purchase to payment (P2P) process for supplier invoices.
The Category Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of IT Services and buying activity.
The role holder will work closely with the Senior Category Manager and wider Commercial function to ensure the category leadership supports key corporate objectives for the organisation.
It is important in this role to build relationships and networks across the organisation to establish the desired operating model and set the adherence to procurement ways of working. These relationships coupled with commercial and economic insight need to be harnessed to continuously drive tangible improvements across the category and to achieve recognised procurement best practice.
The client has acquired a new company and the expectation for this role is to interface with key stakeholders and Lead all procurement activities focusing on contract synergies/Contract Novation's to drive leverage and optimize both from savings and efficiency standpoint.
- Leading all Procurement activities associated with New Acquisition (Ascentric)
- Supporting the delivery of Contract Renewals, Novation's (IT, Professional Services, Marketing and HR) whilst leveraging spend, driving efficiencies and savings for the business and supporting delivery of business strategy and third party supply chain control.
- Delivering an excellent procurement service to internal customers/stakeholders
- Managing supplier relationships during the procurement projects and interventions.
- Accountable for delivery of procurement projects driving efficiencies and savings for the business
- Building strong working relationships with core centralized teams (such as IT Security, Legal and Financial Crime)
- Driving continuous improvement for the processes utilized within their team and across the Procurement function
You will have:
- Good knowledge of strategic procurement and category management theories and concepts, financial risk and liability, including understanding the commercial risks associated with indirect supply chain
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to cut through information and draw out key trends / insight to support the development and improvement of the category
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Working knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks relevant to the UK business
- Strong knowledge of procurement best practice, good network/links with external bodies and individuals in category management across other industries
- Strong knowledge of UK indirect (IT) supplier marketplace in terms of pricing, breadth of suppliers and geographical coverage, supplier financial standing, including broad understanding of the market trends and dynamics
- Experience drawing key trends and insight from a complex range of data and driving action from that insight
- Experience of working with a range of external suppliers, able to tailor approach based on the nature of the relationship with a specific partner or client
- Experience of commercial and contract negotiation, including the drafting and execution of commercial contracts with track record of delivering savings to target and timelines
- Experience of building relationships and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to manage competing priorities and business objectives
- Experience of working in a matrix environment / or virtual team environment
- Experience of working in a financial services or services based procurement function
- Relevant professional or degree qualification (e.g. CIPS, MBA) with practical procurement industry experience.