- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- AltFi Data Limited
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
This is an interesting role that blends data science with financial analysis. It would best suit someone who has an expert knowledge of excel combined with experience in cash flow analysis and a desire to learn more about more advanced data analysis techniques. You would be joining a small but diverse team that is looking for another self-starter to help us accelerate our expansion plans in a burgeoning market for investor-friendly standardised data. A basic knowledge of bookkeeping would be an advantage as well as the drive to keep digging through the data until you get the right answer.
AltFi Data is a fast-growing London based fin tech company specialising in analytics solutions for tech enabled finance
You will join our product team responsible for maintaining our unique alternative finance data set, enhancing our existing product suite and developing new analytics products. This will require an ability to analyse our cash flow data and understand what analytics investors are looking to extract. Day-to-day activities include:
- Analysis of financial data
- Collection and rectification of data
- Maintenance of financial analytics
- Assist in development new analytics and methodologies
- You have a good understanding of finance and financial analysis gained either through finance related study and/or relevant experience
- You have cash flow modelling experience – fixed income knowledge a plus
- You have excellent Excel skills and experience with other languages (VBA, Python, R) plus a self-starter attitude to fill any knowledge gaps
- You have experience working with large datasets and databases - SQL knowledge advantageous
- A basic understanding of bookkeeping would be helpful but not essential.
About AltFi Data
AltFi Data has developed the most sophisticated tools to benchmark and analyse alternative, and digitally enabled, financial assets. Our metrics allow originators to disclose asset performance and investors to perform due diligence. Founded in spring 2014 and head quartered in London, the company has created the standards by which the market can measure and analyse asset performance. Our proprietary data engines distil diverse financial assets into their smallest constituent parts – individual cash flows – and then re-constructs them as standardised metrics. This allows originators to present a verified track record and allows investors to appraise both risk and return to a consistent standard. We have the broadest coverage of the originator landscape and our benchmarks have become the standard against which performance is judged. Furthermore, we have confirmed our position in the value chain generating revenues from both originators and investors.