Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
Product Control Senior Analyst
Bp Trading & Shipping
Location – London, Canary Wharf
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fueled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Commodity Risk is a key control position within the Trading & Shipping organization. This role is accountable for providing deep business understanding and control through the delivery of reporting and analysis. This role holds the primary interface into the trading front office for a specific set of trading activity, balancing independence with a business enabling partnership.
- Independently analyze and report trading book exposures and performance drivers.
- Validate integrity of management information provided to Financial Accounts.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals and use to identify and mitigate potential risks
- Support the forecasting, allocation and optimization of working capital.
- Support new business and product development via effective due diligence, challenge and business partnering.
- Champion innovation and help deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree (any subject), or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Product control and/or Market Risk within a trading environment.
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of commodities trading, including familiarity with options, derivatives and other trading instruments.
- Highly effective team player, with attention to detail and ability to work within a very delivery-oriented environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex analysis and ability to deploy a variety of communication styles with influence according to the situation.
- Knowledge of the front to back Deal Life cycle, the role of Product Control\Risk through this cycle and the applications employed.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, technology and analytics.
- Evidence of self-development through professional study.
- Technical ability in programming languages, preferably Python, Excel VBA & Matlab.
- Experience in process reengineering and use of new technologies.
Bp wants to offer its staff a flexible working policy. This means a spilt between collaborating in the office and working from home. During the pandemic bp is working entirely from home.