Product Controller - Flow Rates and Equities
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Randstad Financial & Professional
- 06 Feb 18 2018-02-06
The Product Controller will cover both the Flow Rates and Global Equities businesses over the course of the contract period. The individual must possess an excellent understanding of p&l production, product knowledge and balance sheet maintenance. This is a highly visible role due the nature of the position. The results reported by Product Control are relied upon our stakeholders in Product Control, Finance, Front Office and others to manage the businesses and financial reporting.
* Daily P&L and decomposition reporting
* Supplementary MI reporting to the trading desk to support p&l information
* Provide daily and periodic risk based p&l commentary to stakeholders
* Resolve trader queries regarding reported p&l
* Assist in other ad hoc queries and tasks in support of the business where required
* Participate in systems and process changes to the business
* Reconcile MTD P&L to the general ledger
* Agree all Prelim to Final adjustments with Front Office and report to DFR
* Provision of Balance Sheet and P&L commentary including trend analysis
* Performance of other higher level month end reporting tasks; including review of adjustments and ledger reconciliations, FAS157 disclosures.
* Engagement in the SODS process either through preparation or review to ensure appropriate control and reconciliation of the balance sheet and p&l within Product Control.
* Review and sign off monthly Pega account attestation process, including preparation of Regional Attestation Committee results
* Compliance with the main Finance Standing Order, including Large Day 1 P&L escalation, decomposition unexplained breach reporting
* Involved in key change management projects to deliver improvements to our daily processes
* Ensuring PC remains and is seen to be an independent control function
* For Flow Rates team, work very closely with the P&L production function based in Toronto to ensure a seamless delivery to Front Office
* Recognised accounting qualification
* Looking for a candidate with product control experience across multiple asset classes, gained within a banking/trading environment.
* Knowledge of a range of capital markets products (cash and derivatives) covering credit, equity and interest rate risk.
* Solid awareness of management and HO accounting processes and financial, statutory and regulatory reporting issues.
* Excellent numerical skills with the ability to problem solve in a logical manner
* Excellent communication skills, especially with front office members
* Able to identify areas of procedural and control weakness and to design robust and automated solutions that dovetail neatly into a fully reconciled B/S.
* Strong team player, energetic and self-motivating, innovative, capable of multi-tasking, tactful and reliable.
* Capable of working to tight deadlines & under severe time pressure
* Capable of logical and practical design and having a keen focus on quality and timely delivery
* Effective in allocating priorities.
* Assumes high level of responsibility whilst communicating key issues upwards and downwards when required.
* Collaborate as partners
* Prioritize for greatest impact
* Demonstrate strong initiative
* Make decisions faster
Randstad Financial & Professional encourage applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds. Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Randstad Financial & Professional acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003