A Data Scientist who will act as a subject expert within the product division. We need a data scientist who is able to train and lead the other members of Product Strategy team on tools, techniques and best practices. Scope and execute analytics projects and communicate findings to drive action across the business.
The Product Strategy team is responsible for shaping the product strategy and innovation of the firm. The team keeps a pulse on market themes and client trends to drive product design and positioning. It brings together three key dimensions: the investment landscape, client needs and competitive dynamics.
You'll own and lead the development of the Product Strategy analytics platform and to leverage this effectively to deliver into the teams' and wider business' priorities.
You will have a strong preference towards developing reproducible workflows using a data science toolkit and in engaging with multiple stakeholders with the output from analysis in order to drive action.
We are looking for a highly numerate, data driven and proactive professional who enjoys contributing in a team environment.
- Identify, prepare, join, and blend internal and external data sets
- Develop the analytics layer on top of engineered data sets in order to uncover deep insight
- Build effective visualisation to share, and facilitate communication of, insights, often in collaboration with other team members and colleagues
- Engage business units to drive action
- Design and create prototype self service analytical tools and dashboards, ad-hoc analysis reports, and presentations
- Train and lead members of the Product Strategy team on appropriate data science tools, techniques and best practices
Knowledge / Experience
- A quantitative background, ability and intellectual curiosity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfort in engineering data of different sizes, e.g., 0.1 million rows, 1 million rows, 10 million rows, 50 million rows across different file types
- Proven ability with at least one of R or Python to interrogate consolidated data using an effective statistical or machine learning model in order to test hypotheses, interpret statistics and derive insight
- Create clear and effective visual displays of what the output of analysis means for the business
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels
- Proactive approach
Other Desirable Experience
- Experience with Alteryx
- Experience with Tableau, PowerBI, RShiny and/or other visualisation tools
- Experience with SQL Server
- Interest in the asset management industry from a strategic perspective
- Experience with external databases such as Lipper, Morningstar, eVestment