Product Developer (Contract)
- £500-650 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 06 Jun 18 2018-06-06
A well regarded asset management business is looking to hire a proven, skilled Product Development Manager to join its Product group on a contract basis. You will be involved in developing and managing client-centric and innovative products (funds and segregated mandates) across all asset classes.
Role & Responsibilities
There is an emphasis on maintaining strong relationships with Investments, Business Development, Compliance & Risk, Legal and Operations teams to help deliver future product growth. The role-holder will work closely with key stakeholders from these teams, as well as suppliers of outsourced services, to develop robust business cases for new products and changes to the existing range.
Alongside leading their individual complex projects, they will also be expected to manage and support members of the team in their delivery of new product / product change initiatives and coach and mentor them in soft and technical skills. The jobholder will be expected to advise the business on issues such as selecting fund domiciles and structures, fund arrangements, competitor intelligence and asset class information. They will not be expected to be a technical tax or regulatory expert, however a deep understanding of relevant regulation (MiFID II, AIFMD and UCITS) and its impact on the business and fund ranges is expected.
As part of the role, the jobholder will be expected to promote the product governance approval processes across the business and will also be expected to manage or chair relevant product governance committees.
- Project manage the implementation of complex product development, change and ongoing product management activities with limited oversight.
- Advise the business on the considerations for new product strategy and development across a range of areas, including regulatory and legal requirements, potential operational efficiencies and issues, speed to market etc. across various jurisdictions including, but not limited to, the UK, US, Ireland and Luxembourg.
- Maintain the product development pipeline and deliver, on time and on budget, approved product-related initiatives.
- Participate actively in the governance mechanisms used to manage, approve, prioritise and deliver product development initiatives, including acting as secretary as required.
- Maintain an effective balance between efficient delivery and the ability to respond to market opportunities.
- Understand the competitor landscape and use market intelligence to inform product design.
- Respond to regulatory change, participate or lead working groups, and identify opportunities and threats as a result of the change to product offering.
- Coach / support other team members in technical and soft skill development including some direct line management.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of at least three years of experience in a pure Product Development and / or Strategy role in asset management, with a longer tenure in the industry expected. Good investment knowledge across a broad range of investment strategies and the regulatory landscape across the UK, US, Ireland & Luxembourg. Also, knowledge and understanding of the Institutional and Wholesale investor landscape in UK and Europe. Global investor knowledge is also desirable.
- Strong project management skills. Experience in delivery of public markets funds expected; private markets fund structures / AIFMD-compliant funds experience preferred but not essential.
- An ability to multi-task and lead complex change projects. At times the successful candidate will be required to drive more than one proposal at a time alongside overseeing projects managed by other team members.
- An ability to express complex concepts in clear language - exceptional communication skills (emails, board papers, presentations, meetings).
- The ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels across the business and suppliers.
- An awareness of operational, reputational and investment risk and the ways these can be mitigated.
- Highly intellectual with the ability to act in a proactive and professional manner, either autonomously or as part of a broader team.
- Strong strategic analysis and proposition development skills.
This is a fantastic chance to operate as part of a highly skilled Product team alongside a group of smart, driven and successful people in an international organisation, taking responsibility for a range of interesting projects.
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.