Product Development Consultant – 12 Month Contract
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
An exciting opportunity has arisen within this boutique Asset Manager for an experienced Product Development Manager to support the development of the firm’s client solutions and product range from innovation to execution in a timely and efficient manner.
Role & Responsibilities
- To support the development of the firm’s product strategy, structuring and development process.
- To assist in defining the new product and ensure that the investment methodology is fit for purpose and meets the sales and marketing requirements
- To focus on products and instruments that are actively or passively managed by the firm either in a segregated mandate or mutual fund form, ensuring that these solutions remain appropriate and “fit for purpose”.
- Develop, design and evaluate new client solutions and product ideas, taking into account business priorities and overall strategy. Structure new products to meet the requirements of new and existing clients
- Assess the feasibility and commercial viability of new client solutions, product ideas and business development plans, including whether the idea is consistent with the firm’s brand and strategy requirements and can be delivered satisfactorily to clients in light of regulatory and resource constraints
- Carry out technical project management of new product launches, changes to existing funds as well as analysis and implementation of other product initiatives (working with other teams including Investment Teams, Sales and Distribution, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk, Operations).
- Prepare and present product proposals, client solutions and new business development opportunities to the New Product Committee for approval
Skills & Experience
- Extensive product development experience and a thorough understanding of portfolio management covering multiple asset classes, particularly in equity, fixed income and alternative investment strategies, with a strong technical background and in-depth knowledge of product development in the financial services industry as well as an understanding of the various product types (Mutual Funds, Collective Funds, etc.)
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrate strong business judgment, along with a comprehensive understanding of capital markets
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment; thoroughness, attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage team members and colleagues across the different business segments
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and creative, with a high intellectual capacity and strong foundation of investment knowledge
- Degree educated or equivalent
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.