Product Development Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Jun 18 2018-06-05
Our client, a Global Asset Manager based in the City are looking for a Product Development Manager to join their growing Product team in London.
Our client has a range of UK- and Dublin-domiciled equity, fixed income, multi-asset and liquidity funds that are managed by a diverse range of investment boutiques within our client’ss Group.
The long-term strategy of our client is to launch new products by matching the expertise of our client’s boutiques with the needs of its clients and strategic partners. It continues to build on its core product offerings where it identifies demand and gaps within its ranges.
The Product Development and Management team in London primarily supports the cross-border and UK ranges distributed by our client across the UK and continental Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Additionally, this role also provides support to our product development efforts in Asia.
The Product Development & Management function sits within the Product Development and Strategy team within the firm’s Distribution division and is responsible for facilitating and implementing the development of new products and on-going range management of all funds distributed by our client. This makes for an interesting, stimulating and varied role. The variety of the role therefore calls for individuals who can successfully multi-task and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
A key member of the our client's product team to support the achievement of International Distribution’s key objectives of :
- Development of new products for cross-border and UK mutual fund platforms, taking ownership of the development cycle from detailed design to build and launch.
- Ongoing product range management of cross-border and UK-domiciled UCITS- and non-UCITS qualifying fund ranges to ensure existing products are fit for purpose.
- Identifying and implementing proposals to improve the efficiency of the product offer via amendment, merger or rationalization.
- Ensuring implementation of product-related initiatives is timely and well executed across the business.
- Keep abreast of product trends in the investment industry through building and maintaining competitor and general market knowledge, as well regulatory developments.
- Supporting the impact assessment, co-ordination and delivery of product change brought about by external factors and regulations such as PRIIPs, UCITS V, MiFID II etc.
The purpose of the role is to develop and implement new products as well as ensure continued competitiveness through fund modifications of existing products.
This will typically involve:
Efficient project management and product implementation:
- Develop detailed product specifications and project documentation for product launches, closures and modifications with strong with attention to detail and accuracy
- Deliver product launches, closures and modifications approved by the relevant internal committees on time and budget whilst adhering to our client's governance processes
- Co-ordination and implementation of on-going product range management and regulatory initiatives affecting product.
Effective Stakeholder management:
- Develop close working relationships with our client's stakeholders including the relevant investment boutique, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Investment Communications and Operations, to ensure projects run effectively and collaboratively.
- Facilitate effective communication to key stakeholders through regular milestone progress updates
- Provide technical support responding to product related enquiries from various areas of the business.
Ongoing product governance:
- Preparation of product documentation for internal committees both for approval and ongoing update as well as expectation management. Prepare reports and other product-related material for presentation to the Fund Boards.
- Contribute to product process improvement and enhanced client experience
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Enhancing Organizational Talent
- Embracing Change
- Client Orientation
- Developing Partnerships
- Driving for Results
- Global Awareness
Job Specific Competencies
The candidate should have:
- Strong organization, time and project management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive and adaptable – able to identify issues and prescribe the correct solution
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the asset management industry and in-depth technical knowledge of investment products, both onshore and offshore
- Positive attitude and good interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to credibly liaise with senior management as well as developing good working relationships with peer group colleagues
- A proactive approach to resolving issues as well as identifying developing opportunities
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Experience of the FundD Prospectus Management system
- Experience of Bloomberg, Morningstar, Lipper and other market analysis tool
- Continental European languages such as Italian, French, German or Spanish
- Project Management training
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Educated to degree level
Useful but not essential:
- IMC, CFA qualifications