Product Development Manager, Institutional
- Excellent market rate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 08 Aug 18 2018-08-08
One of Europe’s leading investment management firms is looking to bring in an additional Product Development Manager, to support the growth of its institutional fund range. The role will be deeply involved in the development of a diverse product range as well as the ongoing management of existing the existing suite. This is a wide and diverse product set, with a strong focus on Fixed Income & Alternative strategies.
Role & Responsibilities
- Acting as product sponsor in the development and delivery of new products, ensuring that initiatives follow the Product Development & Management process, taking an active position on fund launch Steering Committees and ensuring fund documentation is fit for purpose.
- Leading product management reviews, ensuring that the product range remains fit for purpose in terms of client expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory landscape.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of market and industry trends and regulation and assessing their impact on the existing product set to encourage product innovation.
- Providing product input into business-wide projects and initiatives.
- Assisting with the development of product strategy for the Fixed Income business.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of Product Development and Management role within the asset management industry. A strong understanding of different fund structures and domiciles, including both regulated and unregulated funds, with strong knowledge of alternative investment funds. In addition, you should also be able to have a technical knowledge of fixed income and alternative asset classes, ideally in both public and private markets for institutional clients.
- Knowledge of Corporate Credit, Private Placements, Private Equity, Infrastructure finance, Leveraged Finance, Distressed Debt, ABS, Direct Lending would be beneficial.
- Strong organisational skills are essential; you will need to be capable of managing multiple initiatives concurrently and prioritising workloads appropriately.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills are required, with a diplomatic and persuasive style.
- An analytical mindset, attuned to creating client-oriented investment products. A degree level academic qualification (or equivalent) is essential, with the IMC / CFA also beneficial.
This is a terrific opportunity to be a key part of a small and influential Product group, working closely with the investment group to forge and enhance a fascinating product set.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates can be contacted.