Product Development and Strategy
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
A Global Asset Manager based in the City is looking for a high calibre individual with strong experience in Product development/Product Strategy. The successful candidate will be working across both Product Development and Product Strategy, with key responsibility for adapting existing products. This will involve providing input to design, build and implementation, conducting market and competitor research as well as ensuring that all changes in regulation, client requirements etc.. are adhered to.
The role exists to support work on new product and investment strategy development, and management of existing products and strategies, across our Client's business. The role will evolve as the candidate grows in experience and product knowledge and includes the following:
· Changes to existing products in the various product ranges around the world (SICAV, OEIC, SA UT, Australia UT, US LLC, Guernsey etc)
· Supporting work on industry-level interaction, lobbying and peer group analysis Supporting ongoing work to ensure each product and range evolves to meet client demands, regulatory changes and profitability hurdles
· Continued competitor analysis Understanding and implementation of new relevant regulations
· Supporting relationships with external product related strategic partnerships
New Product Development:
· Researching and interpreting competitor offerings and market trends, and work with the product strategy team and senior colleagues to convert into recommendations for our Client's product strategy
· Understanding impact of regulatory requirements for the product range and helping to identify opportunities and threats
· Take innovative and proactive approach in supporting implementation project work
· Support senior colleagues and the product strategy team in product design and creating product specifications
· Supporting the launch of new products, both retail and alternative, in both existing ranges and the launch of new product infrastructure
Investment Strategy Development:
· Determining the appropriateness of pricing of existing and new investment strategies in line with projected value, competitor offerings and market trends
· Assist in the development of new investment strategies, or changes to existing strategies, in conjunction with the product strategy and investment teams, and process through relevant Committees for approvals
Knowledge & experience
· Degree educated (preferably with a focus on Finance/Maths/Stats/Economics)
· Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the investment industry
· Academic excellence
· A good understanding of the regulatory and wider compliance environment.
· Interested in Product development as a career
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills, and able to interact with individuals at various levels
· Analytical approach and an ability to apply this commercially
· Able to show initiative and look for ways to improve existing processes
· Ability to work under pressure and to strict time lines and manage multiple priorities
· Must be tough and prepared to stand up for their opinions
· Must look for solutions to problems rather than just an identifier of issues
Risk & Compliance Responsibilities
· Adhering to the in-house Code of Ethics which forms part of employment contract, and which includes the following key policies: Management of Conflicts of Interest, Treating Clients Fairly, Confidentiality of Client and Business Information, Handling of Inside Information, Personal Account Dealing, Disclosure of Outside Interests, Provision or receipt of Gifts, Entertainment, Events or other benefits
· Ensuring Compliance forms are completed and returned on a timely basis for example investment limit checks, training logs, PAD declarations, Code of Ethics, Gifts and Entertainment including events) declaration, Beneficial ownership declaration, Declaring outside interests, and fit and proper questionnaire, etc.
· Ensuring attendance at Compliance training sessions, as well as completion of EvokeIT electronic training.
· Adhering to the conflicts of interest, and confidentiality policies and advising Compliance of any possible issues.